Fuel issue. Need some help.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I hooked my 2014 Focus ST up to the IDS the other day and decided to poke around a bit (pull codes, check out fuel trims, etc). While I was browsing around, I noticed that my LTFT was at a +7% (STFT was steady at 0%). I wasn't sure if the recent AutoX had anything to do with it (, so I reset the KAM and immediately checked it again. LTFT was reset to 0%, but STFT was already at +4% and climbing. It runs and idles fine. Have any of you heard of issues with any premature fuel system obstructions that could be causing a lean condition? It has less than 8k miles on it and I've AutoX'd it twice.

I didn't see nay TSBs related to decreased fuel economy, fuel trim issues or anything else related.
I pulled codes and the only thing that has come up (twice now) is "P26DE: Engine Sound Control Circuit Performance". The sound symposer checked out fine, I cleared the codes, drove it for the day and it popped back up.

I'd appreciate any info or advice. Thanks in advance.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
No, stock tune. The only performance mod is an FRPP cat-back exhaust. I started this thread on another forum and I think we decided that the most likely cause is that the baseline fuel maps are based on pure gasoline and it's the 10% ethanol content that is causing the lean condition and driving the fuel trims slightly rich.

Users who are viewing this thread