Fuel leak problem,need help asap.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Ok, the background story :

When I first purchased the car,I was filling the car up at a gas station. Apparently the gas pump I was at didnt have a pump actuator to stop the fuel from pumping once the tank was full. Needless to say I had fuel coming out of the tank from overflow. Ever since then,I would always smell fuel vapors from time to time,but it was never on a consistent basis. I had ford check it out,and they were trying to tell me to replace all sorts of things that had nothing to do with the fuel problem (including the O2 sensors). I asked the tech straightforward "Is my car leaking fuel at all" and he said no. And he was right,it wasnt. Fast foward about 5-6 months later,now the fuel smell got stronger. Tonight,I finally got under the car,and from the very bottom of the fuel tank,where the little "inlets" are,there is moisture,and a small 4'' puddle of fuel. At this point I dont even know what to do,because I fear having to replace my whole tank. I dont know where to even start. does anyone have any input or advice??

scotts99snake

Established Member
IMO, you should drop the tank and find out if there really is a leak and where it is. The fuel tanks in our cars are nowhere near as expensive as the 03/04.

Users who are viewing this thread