Fuel Level Sender Issues

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
So the one thing I have had issues with since my return swap is my fuel level sender. When I first finished the work I had a check engine light and no reading on my gauge. As i expected it was a wiring issue. I dropped the tank again and fixed that. But now my gauge only reads about half tank no matter what. I'm gonna drop it for a third time this weekend and was looking for some advice and confirmation. I did order a brand new sender which i'm gonna swap in, just in case.

1. Orientation in a FORE Hat the sender float should be pointing toward the drivers side and the plastic clip should be on the engine side of the FORE HAT correct?
2. Any other tips on this?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Some guys including me have problems with the sender, mine doesn't work. Guys say to make sure you use a good bolt to connect the sender to the hat or it won't ground right. The bolt on the oem hat has a rubber grommet around it, don't use one like that...

cj428mach

Established Member
Make sure the wiring isnt routed over the float that prevents it from full range of movement.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Make sure the wiring isnt routed over the float that prevents it from full range of movement.
Had a mechnic buddy of mine help me out yesterday. I installed a new sensor also(which of course was not needed) because it was the wiring that was hanging up the float stopping it from its full range. So CJ428mach gets a digital beer.

Users who are viewing this thread