Fuel Pressure

04ASSASSIN

Established Member
Any of you guys running triple 255's seeing any pressure drop at full boost? (return style)
I'm running 50psi base and it was dropping to 20psi at wot and thats with 24lb of boost. Anyone else had this happen?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Triple 255's should be enough volume at that power level. But as pressure increases, volume decreases. What pressure are you seeing at boost? I only run 42lbs base pressure and I running twin 340's and we haven't seen pressure drop under boost.

04ASSASSIN

Established Member
Brand new filter. Put in the same day I drove it.
I have -10 feed line and a fore filter.
I sent the regulator to magna fuel to have it checked and I'll let you all know what they say

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I have triple 255s also.

Had a fuel pressure drop issue but it was the fuel filter. Tested it and it ran good. Haven't drove it since then to really test it out.

Let me know what you find!

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I have triple 255s also.

Had a fuel pressure drop issue but it was the fuel filter. Tested it and it ran good. Haven't drove it since then to really test it out.

Let me know what you find!
How long have you been running the triple 255's on e85 out of curiosity.....what was the cause of your dirty fuel filter? Most that don't have issues on e85 in for example the 465's have a fuel filter that looks like new regardless of the amount of time they have been running it.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
How long have you been running the triple 255's on e85 out of curiosity.....what was the cause of your dirty fuel filter? Most that don't have issues on e85 in for example the 465's have a fuel filter that looks like new regardless of the amount of time they have been running it.

This car has been on E85 for roughly a year and a half (and walboro 255s). It came from California (and used E85 consistently throughout CA). I bought it about six months ago, drove it, and it started going lean within a a week or so. I changed the filter and it ran good. I haven't driven the car yet hard besides taking it around the block, so I can't tell if everything is fine, however last time it was on the dyno after a new filter it ran great.

The cause of my dirty filter is unknown... Could be the gas station. Maybe the guy never changed the filter at all in the year and a half that he ran the car so eventually it got clogged.. My filter didn't have any black goo (maybe it did inside I am not sure) I just remember when we took it out it was very heavy and looked abit dark, but swiping a finger through it didn't show any black goo aka black death lol. And I checked my lines in couple locations with a cotton swab and they were fine and were not degrading.

As soon as weather clears up here in a couple of weeks I will get it out and start racing etc and then should have more info on the E85 and whatnot.

And OP sorry for the derail of the thread lol

But please let us know what you find. I am all eyes about the 255s and e85, if you find that they took a dump, then I won't even hesitate to just switch to 465s right away so I don't have to risk blowing up my motor. Just want something that works and I won't have to worry about logging it or staring at my wideband every time I drive it. (Although I do it anyway but it would be nice to know that my fuel system is solid)

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
my twin gt's+bap were maxed at 4K do yourself a favor and go return+walbro 465's save time and MONEY

Users who are viewing this thread