Fuel Pump Question

a93cobra

Established Member
I have an 04 Cobra w/ a 3.4 Whpple 25 PSI , E-85 , 105 lb Bosch Injectors , fore hat with twin GSS342"s and 40 Amp boost-a-pump , And return Sytem with -8 Feed and -6 Return .

My problem is at the track it's fine and real short drives it's fine but if i street drive it much the relay and boost-a-pump overheat and i've had to change 2 relays already , Yesterday i bought and put in a painless HD 70 amp relay kit and installed it and the relay does'nt get as hot now but the BAP still gets so hot you can't keep your hand on it . When i rewired the relay yesterday i found that the shop that installed the set-up hooked the BAP up direct with the adjustment knob , I called them and they said that's the way you have to do it on these cars so you don't have a drop in fuel pressure .

So now i now why they are getting hot because it's running wide open all the time , And my question is if i take the 2-255's and BAP out and put just 2-340's in without the BAP will it be enough fuel for the car ? The car made 780 rwhp and 834 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno

All Help Appriciated , Thanks

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Yes, 2 of the DivisionX 340lph pumps we have will support the power you are making on E85 and then some, without the need of any external voltage booster. You can get a discount on the order if you use coupon code "SVTPERF" during checkout. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread