Fuel Questions: Need Opinions

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Need some advice guys, on which direction I should go. My car gets bad hesitation whenever I switch gears at wot so I need to do the PPRV delete. My question is should I go with this kit from lethal w/stage 2 FPDM

Lethal Performance Ford GT Pump and Modified FPDM Upgrade Kit [LP-GTPUMPFPDMKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

or purchase the Ford Racing 63lb injectors and PPRV delete kit? Will I need a retune for either choice? If I go with bigger injectors is it possible to squeeze more power out? I have the basic mods and a BAP.

I don't plan on getting a Whipple anytime soon so Lethal's fuel system is out for now.

:beer:

Black306

Established Member
After a lot of research and thought, I'm not a big fan of modified FPDMs. A dual FPDM is more effective/efficient, and can be done for less than the cost of a modified FPDM.

Also, if you are going with GT pumps, I would suggest going with a Fore hat. It will make wiring the pumps much easier and deletes the PPRV. Running GT pumps with a stock hat can cause wiring problems, and/or fume/fuel leak issues if you run additional wires through the stock hat.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
After a lot of research and thought, I'm not a big fan of modified FPDMs. A dual FPDM is more effective/efficient, and can be done for less than the cost of a modified FPDM.

Also, if you are going with GT pumps, I would suggest going with a Fore hat. It will make wiring the pumps much easier and deletes the PPRV. Running GT pumps with a stock hat can cause wiring problems, and/or fume/fuel leak issues if you run additional wires through the stock hat.

Same here. I went with the dual FPDM setup, Fore fuel hat, and dual GT pumps. On the motor end, I added Fore fuel rails and 60# injectors. IMHO, it's a great setup...:beer:

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Need some advice guys, on which direction I should go. My car gets bad hesitation whenever I switch gears at wot so I need to do the PPRV delete. My question is should I go with this kit from lethal w/stage 2 FPDM

Lethal Performance Ford GT Pump and Modified FPDM Upgrade Kit [LP-GTPUMPFPDMKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

or purchase the Ford Racing 63lb injectors and PPRV delete kit? Will I need a retune for either choice? If I go with bigger injectors is it possible to squeeze more power out? I have the basic mods and a BAP.

I don't plan on getting a Whipple anytime soon so Lethal's fuel system is out for now.

:beer:

Can't really answer your question without a list of your mods. Since you say that are not getting the whipple yet I guess you are running a pullied eaton. If the eaton is not ported and you are running stock lower your probably don't need to do anything with your fuel system except maybe pprv delete or maybe a BAP.

Anyway my point is this is all speculation without knowing what your mods are.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Hey Paul. What's up?

The hessitation can be cured by simply getting a PPRV Delete kit. You do not need the GT pumps and modded FPDM with your current set up.

You will not make any more power by switching to bigger injectors and the BAP is plenty for the fuel delivery with your stock pumps.

I just did the same set up as Black306 and FlaSeaDude by going with the FORE hat and dual FPDM's with the twin GT pumps. I also made my own wiring harnesses as well, and upgraded my fuel line to a -8 all the way to the rails. It works perfect and I have no hessitation between shifts.

If you can swing it, I would suggest going this route. It will be better in the long run if you ever decide to step up to a TS in the future.

Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call if you want to discuss it even more. :beer:

Kevin

Last edited:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
paul when i first got mine it did the same thing. A good tune n it went away try it first, i assume you just got the car recently??

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Hey Paul. What's up?

The hessitation can be cured by simply getting a PPRV Delete kit. You do not need the GT pumps and modded FPDM with your current set up.

You will not make any more power by switching to bigger injectors and the BAP is plenty for the fuel delivery with your stock pumps.

I just did the same set up as Black306 and FlaSeaDude by going with the FORE hat and dual FPDM's with the twin GT pumps. I also made my own wiring harnesses as well, and upgraded my fuel line to a -8 all the way to the rails. It works perfect and I have no hessitation between shifts.

If you can swing it, I would suggest going this route. It will be better in the long run if you ever decide to step up to a TS in the future.

Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call if you want to discuss it even more. :beer:

Kevin

Cool sent pm.

Can't really answer your question without a list of your mods. Since you say that are not getting the whipple yet I guess you are running a pullied eaton. If the eaton is not ported and you are running stock lower your probably don't need to do anything with your fuel system except maybe pprv delete or maybe a BAP.

Anyway my point is this is all speculation without knowing what your mods are.

Yeah my mods are ported eaton, CAI, BAP, 2.8 upper/4 lb lower, orx, mac 3".

paul when i first got mine it did the same thing. A good tune n it went away try it first, i assume you just got the car recently??
I have had my car almost 5 years now. But last year when I got my lower the hesitation was/is aweful. I thought it was bad plugs, then my tune until a did a search on here a few months ago and saw the pprv delete. I figured since the tank has to be dropped I might as well change the pumps and all.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I had IDENTICAL problem last year. I (like you) read and was going to do delete kit as well. I figured I would try a tune and it fixed problem. Im sure delete kit would of worked as well, but a tune was easier, cheaper, n i gained 60 hp!! I also have a lower on my car, timing and a/f was way off when we put it on the dyno. We adjusted fuel n spark hesitation went away. Just something to think about.....

Users who are viewing this thread