Fuel rail code P193

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Hey y’all,
I got some water in coil 4 and had some misfires- we changed out all plugs just to get ahead of it anyway and cars been running great since. We swapped the coil to cylinder 1 just to see if it was also bad (the plug we pulled was rusted to hell).

I have a spirited run just now in our 60* weather tonight and had this code pop up. I had seen it before along with a misfire code before but it was very brief and didn’t stick like it did not.
IMG_6593.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Any idea what it is? I mean car ran great to be honest lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blkblk13car

Established Member
sounds like the rail pressure sensors is shorted high (or always on). sounds like you might need a new sensor or there is water in the plug or the wiring is shorted.
Just picked up a rail sensor now I’ll install tommrow morning so it’s cold. Crazy thing is it drives fine though I noticed fuel reading off OBD2 were in the 48-51psi level (seemed high but idk)

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Replaced my sensor tonight. I let it sit for awhile but knew there was still going to be some pressure- scared me a bit but had a towel wedged up under and around. Easy job.

Is it possible to feel a difference even though with my supposedly failing one I only got the code once at hard acceleration? Cuz i swear things seem “right” now. All feels “well”.

Users who are viewing this thread