Fuel system help

GBCoyote

Established Member
Installed a fuel system and I'm having some issues. I have another thread but I'm not having any luck with help. I installed a fuel system from JPC on my car and it's throwing a check engine light. I tried to read the code with two different SCT tuners I have and it's not showing anything. I tried clearing the codes without any luck. I uninstalled a boost a pump at the same time and it seems I have a plug not going to anything in my trunk. It's a plug with two purple wires to it, could this be my culprit? The car runs and drives fine.
IMG_0052_zpsslx13buc.jpg

I also have my fuel pressure regulator running off my brake booster line. Does this need to be ran from my blow off valve?

hitmix300

Established Member
Installed a fuel system and I'm having some issues. I have another thread but I'm not having any luck with help. I installed a fuel system from JPC on my car and it's throwing a check engine light. I tried to read the code with two different SCT tuners I have and it's not showing anything. I tried clearing the codes without any luck. I uninstalled a boost a pump at the same time and it seems I have a plug not going to anything in my trunk. It's a plug with two purple wires to it, could this be my culprit? The car runs and drives fine.
IMG_0052_zpsslx13buc.jpg

I also have my fuel pressure regulator running off my brake booster line. Does this need to be ran from my blow off valve?

I am unable to answer all of your questions but I can tell you right now that your fuel pressure regulator or needs to be ran off of manifold pressure/vacuum. The brake booster hook up is behind a check valve so the brake booster will only get vacuum. You want your fuel pressure regulator to be able to see that the engine is not vacuum (making boost) so it will increase your fuel pressure.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Ok so re-run it off my blow off valve instead? Aaron at JPC said it could be ran off my brake booster line. I thought it needed to read boost also...

GBCoyote

Established Member
Found out what the plug was finally. It came with my VMP boost a pump. Not my issue. Can anybody that has installed a fuel system chime in to where they ran the line to the FPR? From the blow off valve or brake booster line? Maybe this is my issue at this point.

SGsingleturbo

Banned
Mine will be ran to a vacuum manifold that gets it signal from just about the same place the booster goes in the intake, Arron at jpc says they use the brake booster line

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I run a vacuum/boost distribution block. You could "T" of off the blow off line or you can "T" off the brake booster line. Make sure the brake booster line sees both boost and vacuum.

IMAG0172_zpslkithaov.jpg

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I run a vacuum/boost distribution block. You could "T" of off the blow off line or you can "T" off the brake booster line. Make sure the brake booster line sees both boost and vacuum.

IMAG0172_zpslkithaov.jpg

Exactly, if its a auto car the brake booster will only see vacuum, the mt82 cars see vacuum and boost.

4VFTW

Established Member
you can use the brake booster line but you have to tee in on the motor(left) side of the check valve.

GBCoyote

Established Member
This actually has helped me quite a bit. Aaron at JPC said I could T it into my brake booster line even though it was an auto, but never mentioned a check valve. Is the check valve on the brake booster line pretty apparent? I have a Fore vacuum block that I've used for this application so it's just a matter of me nailing the routing down pat. I'll reroute it and see if that clears it up. I'm concerned that I can't find a code for my CEL, kinda hope that it all magically disappears after this. Could a KAM reset be in order via my tuner or maybe just try and retune after I fix the hose routing? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one to throw a magical CEL after a fuel system install.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Do I have to block off any of the emissions lines going to/from my intake manifold or anything after a fuel system install? Can anybody at all help...?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
This actually has helped me quite a bit. Aaron at JPC said I could T it into my brake booster line even though it was an auto, but never mentioned a check valve. Is the check valve on the brake booster line pretty apparent? I have a Fore vacuum block that I've used for this application so it's just a matter of me nailing the routing down pat. I'll reroute it and see if that clears it up. I'm concerned that I can't find a code for my CEL, kinda hope that it all magically disappears after this. Could a KAM reset be in order via my tuner or maybe just try and retune after I fix the hose routing? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one to throw a magical CEL after a fuel system install.

I would check with your tuner to see if something has to be changed in the tune for the fuel system. So you have a check engine light and you can't read a code for it?

GBCoyote

Established Member
Correct. I've used two different programmers to read the code and try to clear it to no avail. It won't give me anything at all. I just have the light on the dash and that's it. I had my tuner send me a revision for the fuel system before I started it up and that's when I got the light.

466roller

Established Member
The CEL is likely being caused by the open circuit in your FPDM wiring. The plug your showing is for a PNP fuel pump booster. It should be removed and connect the wires back together, wherever it is spliced in at. Or you could put a jumper between the two pins of that connector. Hope that makes sense

GBCoyote

Established Member
Yes I removed that plug after I figured out of was a dummy and left it there after removing my fuel booster.

Today's events: I did a KAM reset via my programmer and it finally popped up a code for me, P1639 (Vehicle ID blocked or not programmed). I then cleared the DTC in my programmer and it went away. I turned the vehicle off for about 10 minutes, came back and restarted it and no more codes.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Drove the car about 70 miles or so without any issues or lights popping back up. Awaiting my tuner to email me back st the moment. I'm keeping this updated for those with future issues similar to mine.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Decided to rerun my line to my fuel pressure regulator from my blow off valve instead of my brake booster line also. As soon as I started it up the fuel pressure sat 4-5psi higher than previously.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Didn't change a thing. Apparently sometimes after loading a tune, the car with throw a wrench light. The KAM reset and clearing the DTC codes through the programmer was the trick. I finished tuning with this setup without issue and my tuner said everything looked great. Now to add the torque booster...

Users who are viewing this thread