full bolt on cobra clone wat u think

killer2vgt

Established Member
my gt has the whole cobra kit with mach 1 pillars 18 in afs wheels full bolt on with a vortech blower and new mickey thonpson drag radials wat u think

mycarrrrrrrre-1.jpg

mycarrrrrrrrrr-1.jpg

mycarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

mycarrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

mycarrrrrrrrrr.jpg

mycarrrrrrrr.jpg

mycarrrrrr.jpg

mycarrrrr.jpg

mycarrr.jpg

mycarr.jpg

230099_157125961017469_100001601982864_386404_1771618_n.jpg

228751_157126114350787_100001601982864_386406_7095186_n.jpg

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
the chrome/polished wheels look better than the black wheels. It looks good with the cobra look on it. Are you also planning on using the rear tails from the cobra as well?

kleistang

Established Member
the chrome wheels definitely need more tire, i don't like the low profile look, your hood doesnt line up and the mach1 chin spoiler doesn't look right on the cobra bumper

plak424

Established Member
looks good but the chrome wheels look better than the black wheels

RichM1983

Established Member
Is it not a common accepted thought that the 03/04 cobras are the cleanest and nicest new edge mustangs? Why is it a such a big deal to go for that look? I love it but can't afford a an 03/04. If someone thinks its wrong to copy that look on a 2v then they can go F@uck themselves because those cars look sick but have a premium price and I think its fine to copy that look.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Is it not a common accepted thought that the 03/04 cobras are the cleanest and nicest new edge mustangs? Why is it a such a big deal to go for that look? I love it but can't afford a an 03/04. If someone thinks its wrong to copy that look on a 2v then they can go F@uck themselves because those cars look sick but have a premium price and I think its fine to copy that look.

I do agree with this HOWEVER it is not a cobra (should not have a snake), and it was not made by SVT (should not have SVT on it). No issues with the body at all, its well put together and at least it is the same color. I love the look of the 03/04 cobra, but the emblems are claiming it is something it just isn't.

Don your flame suit:burn:. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/782377-clones-fobras-annoying.html

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
Who cares if someone clones a cobra its just another modern car and not a collectible classic car :shrug:.

OP I think the car looks good a little low and the tires are small but all in all its a nice start.

:beer:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but it doesn't look like ANYTHING on the car fits right.

The Hood, Front bumper, Side skirts and rear bumper all look like they don't fit how they should.

-Sam

MustangKid2000

Established Member
I aggree, the Snake badges are definatly a no no. Body looks ok. Fill in the Cobra lettering, put the GT badges back on and it will be a good looking car. Its alot like what i am doing with mine. Mine started as a V6, its having a 32 valve motor from a Mark VIII put in place of that thing, but its not a cobra! Even though mine does have the IRS and will be VERY close to what is a Cobra the vin says otherwise, and the pony badges will remain. I agree though the 03/04 Cobras are the best looking New Edge Mustang around. They are very clean and very streamline. There is nothing wrong with copying the style. Just not the badges. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member

kleistang

Established Member
better make it look like a cobra than a honda, with a huge wing, fart cans and stickers all over

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but it doesn't look like ANYTHING on the car fits right.

The Hood, Front bumper, Side skirts and rear bumper all look like they don't fit how they should.

-Sam

lip spoiler also...it also doesnt look to be matched too well either

JStyles

Established Member
I personally wouldn't do it, but it's your car - do what you want with it. My GT was a GT. It stayed that way until I could afford a cobra.

A few suggestions: fix the hood alignment, fix the paint in the side skirt area, and get a spoiler with the third brake light - that one looks off...

In the end, I'm just glad you're driving a stang and not some import BS...

killer2vgt

Established Member
on the piks i put up the hood has been popped open and it aligned yea i have thicker tires for it but these r like new so will remain on it

killer2vgt

Established Member
the chrome wheels definitely need more tire, i don't like the low profile look, your hood doesnt line up and the mach1 chin spoiler doesn't look right on the cobra bumper
thanks and yea i think i like the chrome ones better:banana:

Keith Stone

Banned

If you want to copy the look then that is perfectly ok in my book.....just don't slap Cobra emblems on the car.

1hot281

Established Member
I do agree with this HOWEVER it is not a cobra (should not have a snake), and it was not made by SVT (should not have SVT on it). No issues with the body at all, its well put together and at least it is the same color. I love the look of the 03/04 cobra, but the emblems are claiming it is something it just isn't.

Don your flame suit:burn:. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/782377-clones-fobras-annoying.html

I aggree, the Snake badges are definatly a no no. Body looks ok. Fill in the Cobra lettering, put the GT badges back on and it will be a good looking car. There is nothing wrong with copying the style. Just not the badges.

If you want to copy the look then that is perfectly ok in my book.....just don't slap Cobra emblems on the car.

+1,000,000 to all the above. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread