Full exhaust is completed!

Constable

Established Member
Wahooo!!! My headers, cats, x-pipe, mufflers, and pre-production tips are finally on. I had the headers done on Monday. I got out of work at midnight and drove the MM to the exhaust shop (open-headers on the MM sound like a freakin top fuel dragster... it's sick!!!). My boys at the shop built me a sweeeet system. I really couldn't believe the amazing job they did at connecting all the components. Beautiful welds. I had them extend the tips by 3/4".

It doesn't sound like I thought it would. I was expecting a loud pop & crackle type note. It's quite mellow and isn't too loud. I think the mufflers (Dynomax UltraFlo Welded) need to be broken in. They're fiberglass packed... so maybe they'll get a bit louder. IT has a real deep tone when under a load. Once at a steady pace or cruising speeds, everything quiets down and sounds almost stock.

I can feel a really good increase in the "seat of the pants" department. Tires spin more off the line, 2nd gear spins a bit more. It pulls harder in the mid to upper RPM range.

I'm pretty impressed. If the mufflers stay as mellow as they are now, I might swap them out for the new SLP LoudMouth "Shotgun" resonators. SLP's Ford division just came out with a slew of Mustang parts. We'll see what happens.
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread