Fullerton Police Beat Man to Death (Possibly NSFW)

CobraMac

Established Member
I never post anything like this...but this is very close to where I live and I went to Cal State Fullerton for College and lived out there. I watched the news cast on TV about it and almost broke down in tears from it as the mother and father of the man killed spoke about it....not to mention in the video you hear the man crying for his father, "Dad! Dad! Dad!"....then listening to his father comment about that as well.

I didn't post this for everyone to come in and start calling cops "Stupid pigs" and bashing them all...but this is just not right and I really hope these officers pay for their wrong-doings.

The title of my thread speaks about it all as well as read the links:
Police Beat 'Gentle' Homeless, Mentally Ill Man to Death
Cops Kill Homeless Man for Resisting Arrest | The Stir

A picture of what the man looked like in the hospital (His father took this picture and released it to the media so they could see how brutally he was beaten). An eye witness on the news tonight that was interviewed said he saw the man laying face down and the officers just beating the back of his head with their flashlights...I can definitely believe that after seeing the pic...warning it's graphic.
http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Kelly-Thomas-Police-Beating.jpg

And lastly the video a man took of it...you can't see what's happening but LISTEN to everyone's commentary and the man crying:
[youtube_browser]1ljYNgLnpxM[/youtube_browser]

And the news report I saw...just found it on youtube:
[youtube_browser]krsQAjjKXvY[/youtube_browser]

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
For once (just once) I would like to see a police officer (or multiple LEO's in this case) be head liable for his obviously guilty actions. It's amazing the amount of corruption & hiding of evidence these guys do. I hope men responsible are rounded up & sent to prison for their crime.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
i absolutly LOVE the interview with those loving parents, who's child was such an innocent soul that they cared for so much. My question is where were these loving parent's while their "gentle" son was wandering around unmedicated for a dangerous mental illness and living on the streets of Fullerton.

CobraMac

Established Member
i absolutly LOVE the interview with those loving parents, who's child was such an innocent soul that they cared for so much. My question is where were these loving parent's while their "gentle" son was wandering around unmedicated for a dangerous mental illness and living on the streets of Fullerton.

Glad you turned it around and tried to act like it's the parents fault that their son was beaten to death. Glad to know there's people like you out there that try and rationalize tragedy by placing the blame on something that has nothing to do with the actual killing.

By the way...you say that like you know what the streets of Fullerton are like...that's actually a nice area and there isn't a ton of crime. This isn't like he was roaming streets of Compton

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Glad you turned it around and tried to act like it's the parents fault that their son was beaten to death. Glad to know there's people like you out there that try and rationalize tragedy by placing the blame on something that has nothing to do with the actual killing.
By the way...you say that like you know what the streets of Fullerton are like...that's actually a nice area and there isn't a ton of crime. This isn't like he was roaming streets of Compton

This is where you are wrong..If his "loving" parents would have gotten him the help he needed with his disorder and gotten him off the streets, it would have resulted in him never trying to break into cars leading to him not having this run in with the police.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I'm not sure how this ended up the way it did. I wasn't there, and there are still details we don't know, but for someone to be without a weapon, alone, and clearly already on the ground, I'm not sure how the officers could have continued to beat/tase him.

I'd like to hear more on it, as well as an officers take on the situation.

Yeah that whole part of the video caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'm sorry, but the mother looked like she was acting through the whole thing, and the father was extremely collected for that sort of situation. I agree with you on that question, but what we don't know all the details.

That said, the situation with his parents is completely irrelevant to this entire thing, but it did strike me as odd.

CobraMac

Established Member
This is where you are wrong..If his "loving" parents would have gotten him the help he needed with his disorder and gotten him off the streets, it would have resulted in him never trying to break into cars leading to him not having this run in with the police.

This is where you are wrong....we aren't discussing the would've, should've, could've....we are discussing him being killed.

Here's a million what-ifs for you...well if he had gotten an education, well if he was in a different neighborhood, well if he had taken his meds, well if he tried to rob a store instead of break into cars...I could go on forever...NONE of that changes the fact that he was beaten to death..don't try and spin this into something else. If you feel no remorse in any way for a human death of this fashion than you are a horrible person. I'm done arguing with you and your irrationalities.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member

I think you need to know all the facts before posting a comment such as this.
I am disgusted by what has happened here; what happened to "Serve and Protect"?

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I think you need to know all the facts before posting a comment such as this.
I am disgusted by what has happened here; what happened to "Serve and Protect"?

I'm disgusted by a video that shows absolutly nothing. Something isn't right here. There is another side to this story and i guarantee you that something is "missing"

CobraMac

Established Member
I'm disgusted by a video that shows absolutly nothing. Something isn't right here. There is another side to this story and i guarantee you that something is "missing"

Keep it up man....looking at your posts 95% of them are negative...either do something that makes you happy or just change your outlook on life in general cuz it's obvious something isn't working for you.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Keep it up man....looking at your posts 95% of them are negative...either do something that makes you happy or just change your outlook on life in general cuz it's obvious something isn't working for you.

Being negative helps protect me from those liberal people in the world who call police brutality every chance they get, or pull the race card, or say that you are not a good human if you don't think we should be helping every single person in the world who is facing a hardship. Rebuild Iraq, rebuild afghanistan,help japan and chili rebuild....yet look at the debt crisis OUR country is facing.

CobraMac

Established Member
Being negative helps protect me from those liberal people in the world who call police brutality every chance they get, or pull the race card, or say that you are not a good human if you don't think we should be helping every single person in the world who is facing a hardship. Rebuild Iraq, rebuild afghanistan,help japan and chili rebuild....yet look at the debt crisis OUR country is facing.

Enjoy living your negative life while I relish in the positive aspects of all things. I'm no longer responding to your comments as they are still way off point. I'm glad you use negativity to protect yourself. Interesting.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Well Mr. Positive...where is the positivity in this post? Did you not expect to get negativity in a thread where a picture of a man with his face beaten to a pulp and grieving parents that are already seeing the $$$ signs that they will be collecting from a son they never gave two shits about before he was killed.

Users who are viewing this thread