Fun road trip

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Just got back from a 3200 mile road trip from Colorado to Indiana. I was a little suprised that the Cobra's are great on long road trips. While we were in Indiana, we went to the Fort Wayne all Ford Car Show. Drove up after driving 1300+ miles, wipe off the car and took 2nd place in the Cobra class. Two local 93 Cobra R's took first. These guys know how to run a show. The only thing that was a concern was how bad the gas is in Kansas, Missouri, Neb. and Iowa. Best you can get is 91 octane, Cobra did not run well at low altitude, stayed out of boost and low end pulls. Gas in Indana and Illinois was great, 93 octane( Cobra ran great). The Cobra started to run better when we got back over 5000'. Good gas mileage, ran 80+ mph, 23 mpg w/o air, 21 w/air. Weather was better in the mid-west than in Colorado while we were gone.

Indytrip7-08037.jpg

Indytrip7-08067.jpg

Indytrip7-08060.jpg

Indytrip7-08035.jpg

Indytrip7-08040.jpg

Indytrip7-08039.jpg

Indytrip7-08051.jpg

Indytrip7-08049.jpg

Indytrip7-08044.jpg

Indytrip7-08042.jpg

Indytrip7-08053.jpg

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Cool you're enjoying your car, if I had to drive 3000 miles in mine I would go crazy though, rather have a full size rental to stretch out in and beat on..

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Cool you're enjoying your car, if I had to drive 3000 miles in mine I would go crazy though, rather have a full size rental to stretch out in and beat on..

My knees would be killing me after all that driving in my cobra.

I am a big guy and we use our 03 crown vic for these trips, other than trunk space, the Cobra was just as comfortable. I have bad knees and after dring the CV for a long time, I am more stiff because the CV does not have the foot rest on the left side.

BlownReptile

Established Member
I just got back from a roadtrip, Texas to Illinois and back. Car was great, very comfortable. Was lucky to find 93 octane on all but 1 fill up.

On my way home, I brought back a hairless cat my girlfriend found for adoption up in Illinois. Should have seen people's faces in the little hick towns when theres a guy filling up a Cobra with a hairless cat on his shoulder. I got stopped every fill up to talk about the car and the cat:beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I just got back from a roadtrip, Texas to Illinois and back. Car was great, very comfortable. Was lucky to find 93 octane on all but 1 fill up.

On my way home, I brought back a hairless cat my girlfriend found for adoption up in Illinois. Should have seen people's faces in the little hick towns when theres a guy filling up a Cobra with a hairless cat on his shoulder. I got stopped every fill up to talk about the car and the cat:beer:

:shrug:, a hairless cat and a Cobra...can't beat that...

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member

a hairless cat, scared all the fur off when you dump the Cobra the first time:-D

Users who are viewing this thread