Future SHO's to be offered with RWD as option?

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I remember first hearing about it here awhile ago. Didn't think too much about it until yesterday when a friend of mine told me that he heard about it too. What do you guys think? If that's the case then I think I know what my next summertime DD will be. :bowdown:

steeltoe

Established Member
AWD>RWD but if the cop car goes RWD then it might happen. Also it would kinda go against the SHO name because they have all been FWD.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Also it would kinda go against the SHO name because they have all been FWD.

The current SHO goes against the previous generations already! Its a pig, no manual option, no high revving N/A V6. Although I'm glad they brought the name plate back it doesn't hold true to the original SHO

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
How do you explain the 3rd generation SHO (1996-1999)? They were pigs, automatics and V8's!!
Ah I knew someone would bring that up.
As you know, there was lots of bitching when the Gen III's came out with the same gripe that they didn't hold true to the Gen I & II's either. The only thing they had was a high revving engine that was partially designed by Yamaha as well. So, the Gen IV & Gen III's both don't hold true to the original SHO cars. What they do hold true is to the very general ideal of a 4 door highway bruiser...

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Not happening.

The 2010+ SHO may not run along the same lines as the original just like the 96-99, but the new SHO doesn't suck unlike the V8.

That being said, I still wouldn't mind buying a clapped out V8 and throwing on some Bassani muffs and making it my work car. haha

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As you know, there was lots of bitching when the Gen III's came out with the same gripe that they didn't hold true to the Gen I & II's either. The only thing they had was a high revving engine that was partially designed by Yamaha as well. So, the Gen IV & Gen III's both don't hold true to the original SHO cars. What they do hold true is to the very general ideal of a 4 door highway bruiser...

However having owned an 89 5spd, a 92 5spd, and a 94 auto, the build quality of the rest of the vehicle was no where near the quaility of the engine. Also from my recollect the suspension pretty much sucked. But they were fun for their time, except the auto which was pretty much a cruiser. I'm on the fence about the new SHO. If I can find a dealer to give me $10K off, I'm there. I remember getting $5K off my '92 as they were such horrible sellers.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

while i agree that the current SHO isnt a N/A V6 FWD with a manual, the idea behind the car is still the same as you said, a taurus that can kick some ass on the streets. The new one has just been modernized compared to the last three.... I think ford did a real nice job on the new SHO, only thing i'd ask for is a stronger transmission lol

A Manual option would be awesome, but not many people in the consumer market even know how to drive a stick....

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Hmmm, build quality on my '89 5spd was pretty damn good... by '89 standards. Nothing really fancy, but pretty solid. My SHO handled very well. Loved that Shogun motor.

nocarey

Established Member
from left lane news. . .
Ford’s Taurus SHO to jump to 400 horsepower?

More details on the next-generation Taurus SHO-
Among the many Ford executives and engineers in attendance was Earl Lucas, the man in charge of the exterior design for the current and future Taurus. Lucas revealed that the next Taurus SHO would be more true to its performance-based roots, sporting a lower and wider stance, dropping some heft and ditching some chrome – opting instead for a sleeper monochromatic look. These changes will not only help to give the SHO a unique look from the standard models, but it will also pa homage to the original monochromatic design.

Users who are viewing this thread