FX4 EcoTech Motor?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
FX4 EcoBoost Motor?

I am very interested in ordering a brand new loaded FX4 however I am unsure which motor makes most sense. I like the idea of a twin turbo V6 and think that it could be a lot of fun with some mods but the 6.2L is also appealing for the same reason. Outside of performance modifications, I would level the truck, add wheels and 35" tires.

What are everyone's experience with the 6.L versus the Ecotech? I now they are different in all aspects but what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The EcoTech motor is a preproduction model only...not intended for road use. The 5,000hp and 6,500ft/lbs of torque is too much for the transmission.

It's an EcoBoost. I like them both. They'll both get about the same gas mileage after the wheels and tires are added. I would go with an EcoBoost, it'll make it easier to sell.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I thought by ecotech he meant the chevy ecotec motors since they have a 6.2l ecotec lol.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ecotec engines are a real thing, but usually in Chevy econoboxes, not Ford trucks.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I would go for the 6.2 for sound alone

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If you live in Denver then go with the ECO boost all day.

Elevation doesn't effect turbos near like it does the N/A 6.2

There is a guy on here that lives in Fort Collins with a basically stock ecoboost that takes out SRT8 jeeps all day long. They suffer from altitude and his ecoboost runs like it would at sealevel.

coposrv

Established Member
^ very good point raised here. I was talking to the estimator of a construction co. on a site a while ago and he said they have had nothing but problems with their ecoboost f150's. I didn't get into what exactly but he said 6 or 7 of them out of the 10 they own have had major problems. He's kept saying timing chains? Again it's second hand info so take it for what it's worth.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
My bad, I'm not even sure where I got Ecotech from. It must be karma for posting this question and viewing the forum while at the office. I absoltely LOVE the way the '14 Crew Cab FX4 loaded with the FX4 appearance package on in looks in black and gray. Outside of bolt-ons I would also do wheels, tires, tint, level kit, spray in bed liner, stap bars and possibly an upgraded stereo. Any idea as to what the proven RWTQ and RWHP I can expect from the Ecoboost with Intake, Custom Tune, Full Exhaust and Headers?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Mods you would need to look at are intake downpipe, tune, turbo back exhaust, and larger intercooler. From the numbers I've seen online, that should get you low to mid 400whp and approaching 500wtq

Users who are viewing this thread