FYI: Brakes work!

SVTyballz

Established Member
120 out of a bend...............see 2 police cars, took it down to 60 as fast as the Cobra would let me (thank you ABS). I think I would have been busted if I had been racing someone, but when i passed them, I got a nod and a smile from the one facing me. Whew! Close call. Time to order the Valentine One. Be careful out there.

gary

If anyone has ever been to Daytona International Speedway, it is the road from near turn 4 , around the backstretch to turn 2, next to the airport. good test track. heheheh

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The cops down here are starting to use laser units and instant on radar which means that radar detectors even with laser capability are greatly less effective. BTW, I was pulled over within 24-hours of buying my car for doing 53 in a 45 of all things.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm a cop in So.Cal, our minimum on surface streets for citing is 13 M.P.H. over, the usual is 15 over. On a medium hill, with a speed limit of 35, I won't cite until 20 over. I have instant on Ka band. Detectors are useless if you are in front of the pack or solo. :eek:

anteros511

Established Member
I got pulled over doing 85 in a 55 the other day in Quakertown, PA, one week after getting my Cobra. The cop was so cool, I told him I just got the car and he gave me a fine for driving in the left lane (used for passing) instead of 30+ speeding which was more $$$ and 5 points carried over onto my NY license. :coolman:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The cop that gave me the ticket for 8 over actually told me if I was you I would fight it. And they say cops don't have quotas.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
was on my way to Florida in June with the kids the inlaws (7 of us total) in my wifes Pontiac Montana Minivan.

We were pulling a small uhaul trailer with our luggage in it.

We were in KY at the edge of the Cincinnati Beltway and I got pulled over and ticketed for 77 in a 65...

The POS cop asked if I knew how fast I was going and I said 'Yes sir, I had the cruise control set at about 73.' He said 'Well you know those things won't hold your speed going down a hill... I clocked you at 77'

And people don't seem to understand why no body likes cops...

I was honest with him and he was a jerk back... I can only say I hope he encounters some real criminals some day...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
This is turning out to be about cops, but I know allot of cops. What amuses me the most is there are very few cops that don't have either fast questionably street legal cars or bikes that they drive on the road. I know a detective at Pembroke Pines who has race Dugatis and top end races them on I-75 at 190+mph on the weekends. I also know several cops with sup'd up mustangs that drive them on the streets with slicks, no cats and dumps. What makes them feel that they are so superior that they can do it, but we can't because we are mere citizens? Also has anybody else noticed that most cops are the ones that were troublemakers and disruptive in school?

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good cops and cops that try to be fair. But the problem is the bad ones ruin all of there images. Also I don't condone driving fast in the city, but if I go out to 27 which is in the middle of nowhere with 2 lanes each direction split by a huge median then why can’t you let me be.

btw, If there are any cops out there you are great and should be praised and glorified.

Users who are viewing this thread