FYI: Was offered 27k for a brand new 2011GT

Oldham_Racing

Established Member
O'Meara Ford - Denver Colorado's Premier Ford Dealer Since 1913

Was recently out in colorado this past week visiting family and stopped n test drove a new 2011 GT. Salesman after the test drive said they would come out starting on the price at 27k (stickered at 36k) for a Cona Blue M6 5.0 GT. I didnt think this was a bad starting price, but they did have many new 5.0's sitting on the lot too.

Also look at the GT500KR they have sitting in a seperate glass room behind the 5.0's.

Just an FYI to those who are looking to buy

aquill1

Established Member
O'Meara Ford - Denver Colorado's Premier Ford Dealer Since 1913

Was recently out in colorado this past week visiting family and stopped n test drove a new 2011 GT. Salesman after the test drive said they would come out starting on the price at 27k (stickered at 36k) for a Cona Blue M6 5.0 GT. I didnt think this was a bad starting price, but they did have many new 5.0's sitting on the lot too.

Also look at the GT500KR they have sitting in a seperate glass room behind the 5.0's.

Just an FYI to those who are looking to buy

27K for a 36K car? :shrug:

Is the car used?

aquill1

Established Member
Buddy just bought a 2011 GT/CS for 28k New.

69865_1528336500590_1600036185_2855314_3621193_n.jpg

Really fun to drive!

Dealer price on a gt/cs is over $30k. Does he work for ford?

Oldham_Racing

Established Member
No the car wasnt used. it was brand new, with sticker and all. No owner, price is coming down i guess (that or that dealership is just offering killer deals on them).

aquill1

Established Member
That dealer has to be losing it's rear on that car.

Only way I could see a dealer selling that cheap is if it had flaws of some sort. I know that ford has bought back several black '11's due to paint defects. The dealer told me that once bought back they would be selling the vehicle as a used car, but I'm not sure of any issues with kona blue.

aquill1

Established Member
Did he trade something in? Even at invoice price/Xplan, $1,000 ford incentive and $750 brochure coupon I'll still be paying about $38k out the door...

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Well I know sticker price was 36-38k, he only put a grand down and the loan was for 28k. So he got a break somewhere I suppose.
So, he didn't pay $28k. You said he put $1k down, and the loan was for $28k. That makes $29k, plus the extra $ your friend probably isn't telling you about. I knew someone who did the same thing. He told me he bought a new truck for $XX amount, when the msrp was about $10k more than that. He actually put money down and a trade in. Someone's not telling the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

wazslow

Established Member
27k gets you a stripper GT, not a $36,000 well optioned car. I think the dealer meant he could get you a GT starting at 27k. I bought my fully loaded GT/CS for 36,500. The car stickered for $40,000.

stangposse

Established Member
Well.....what do you expect when you can buy a sick 03/04 Cobra for $23k.........:banana::banana:

aquill1

Established Member
They all blow smoke where the sun dont shine.

That price is just a bit too low for the incentives and deals going on. Dealerships by me aren't quite that desperate to sell cars quite yet. Even then they don't give cars away without getting something in return.

Even for msrp the cars is a good deal, especially in comparison to its rivals.

Users who are viewing this thread