FYI: Was offered 27k for a brand new 2011GT

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Well.....what do you expect when you can buy a sick 03/04 Cobra for $23k.........:banana::banana:

well if you spent that much, you dun got robbed son. who the hell would pay that much for a modded to hell almost 8 year old car and knowing if it had a good tune or not. and of course chance the motor holding up. Eh, i think most would opt for a 27k 11' 5.0

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
27k gets you a stripper GT, not a $36,000 well optioned car. I think the dealer meant he could get you a GT starting at 27k. I bought my fully loaded GT/CS for 36,500. The car stickered for $40,000.

This..

No way would a dealership sell you loaded premium GT that stickers @ $36K for $27K

However, deals will be had on these cars. Like the OP said, the lot was full of new 2011 5.0s. If you shop around and are willing to travel you can get deals for around $500 over invoice. Plenty of them to go around.

bossman302

Banned
I can get one for Invoice, But they also have Dealer Hold back, which is about 3K on a GT/CS. So if it is a Retail Sold Unit, you may very Possibly be able to buy a GT/CS for 29.500. Not saying it can't be done. Just probabbly not very often. I know a Guy on the board that bought a Brand NEW GT 500 Last year for $42.000 when it stickered to close to 50K, some dealers just prefer to actually sell a car versus sit on one. Look how many 2008/2009 GT 500KR's are still sitting on the Lots new. Greedy dealers trying to get over sticker price. Now with the Boss 302 Comming out, it will hurt the regular GT sales. And Ford also Talking about an Up-comming body change.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
And Ford also Talking about an Up-comming body change.

That won't be until 2013-2014 when the Mustang is built on a new platform, (likely a globally shared one with an IRS).

We might see DI or a bump in power for the '12 GTs though.

jonb347

Established Member
no power bump for 12 just some new toys like adjustable epas and recaro seats in the shelby as an option. my dad owns a small dealership and we get people from places like that all the time. they quote low and then add all types of doc fees and conveyance fees and stuff to make money. also, because they sell so many cars they can sell some for dirt cheap just to move it. we use msrp unless its something special that we can't get rid of then well go down. but we sell gt500s at list, never over, even when they first came out except we sold the first one for 2k over in 07. never had to go down to invoice though on any mustang except a leftover 09.

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
I was able to get a local dealer down to 27200 over the phone on a base model GT, 6M in race red. That was with the 1500 in rebates and Costco plan pricing.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
MSRP is $30,980 base model + 3.73 final gear

Comes out to $28,230 WITH 1.9% APR for 60months minus MIR. I think that's the best deal I've come across.

aquill1

Established Member
SBo3,
what's this $1,000 mail in rebate you speak of? I've been on top of several vouchers and other things but have yet to hear of this???

Solopony

Established Member
Sorry to raise from the dead but has anyone seen good deals on a brembo/3.73 car? Looking to find a deal on 2011 for end of model year, if not i'm gonna orders a stripper with thos options.

aquill1

Established Member
Ford has $1,500 in rebates and you can also get the $750 coupon if you order a brochure through ford, but that's only for 2011 models.

Go shop a few dealers and see what deals they give. Shop them one against the other. If you don't get the premium you will save a few grand, but you will have a hard time finding a brembo car without leather.

I just bought my 11' GT Premium with Brembo, Security, HID and 3.73 for a little over $34k. Sticker on the car was, IIRC, $36,795. Total with everything else I bought was $38,300ish but that included GAP, maintenance package, wheel/tire warranty crap, gt500 18's, GT/CS valance/fogs and TT&L.

You may be able to find a better deal than I got.

Last edited:

Sss2010

Established Member
Not trying to argue with anyone one....however holdback is 3% of the invoice price. So on a 30k car it would be 900 not 3000. The dealer margins aren't what they used to be...

aquill1

Established Member
Holdback on my car was a little over $1k.

Nocobrafornow, order the brochure in other people's names but using the same address. It stated that you could transfer it within your household, at least the 2 that I got did (one in my wife's name and other in my son's name.) For the life of me I could not get one sent to my house in my name, it was always the coupon-less version. Keep in mind that the new brochures have the coupon hidden on the inside of the back page.

kingnut

Established Member
ive heard of some guys getting a 2011 5.0 base for 26k but i dont know if that was out the door.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Sorry to raise from the dead but has anyone seen good deals on a brembo/3.73 car? Looking to find a deal on 2011 for end of model year, if not i'm gonna orders a stripper with thos options.

I got my 2011 5.0 GT premium with 3.73s and the brembo package for 30k. They had a bunch of rebates available and a military rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread