G.O.T. !!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have the audio books and listened to them over time. Last we know Jon Snow died. Still waiting to see what happens. Around season 5 or 6 I said there was still too much story left to tell to wrap up in two or 3 seasons. It would take at least 5 more. So I feel the same that by cutting it 2 or 3 seasons short they killed the story.

Did anyone see Aaron Rogers in that episode?

View attachment 1572903
As a Bears fan, he got what he deserved. :D

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
60019889_2244291609154225_175988793214500864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Makes you wonder if all of the actors and producers were demanding more out of HBO than it could justify? I read somewhere this last season cost more than the first two.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It all feels rushed for no reason. I feel like they could have milked this cash cow for years. Is there a reason it had to end this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this. We get 25 minutes of her burninating the town when 2 minutes would have done and not had to rush the other stuff

Makes you wonder if all of the actors and producers were demanding more out of HBO than it could justify? I read somewhere this last season cost more than the first two.

I'd have to imagine all the CGI was largely responsible for that

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I agree that this last season is too rushed. The character development was so great over the first years, now everything seems unnatural. Dani's deterioration and Jaime Lannister's flip-flop seem particularly off. Tyrion's growth (no humor intended) is the only thing that I think has felt right.

Truth be told, a subtle decline began when the books ended and we were depended on screen writers. It just got magnified in this last season.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm with everyone else..WTF. I honestly thought Jamie was gonna kill her, little bitch. Then I thought Danni went way off character, not cool. It was rumored the youngest brother would wrap his hands around Cerci's throat till the air left her body....not what I envisioned. Arya is pissed and will have a huge roll to play soon, Danni I hope. Things are def not good with John and Queen of this and that breaker of blah blah and is she gonna be pregnant? And why did she destroy the Iron Throne? WTF Episode.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I agree that this last season is too rushed. The character development was so great over the first years, now everything seems unnatural. Dani's deterioration and Jaime Lannister's flip-flop seem particularly off. Tyrion's growth (no humor intended) is the only thing that I think has felt right.

Truth be told, a subtle decline began when the books ended and we were depended on screen writers. It just got magnified in this last season.
Game-Of-Thrones-season-8-episode-5-memes.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I sort of get how things are playing out sloppy because their whole push to King's Landing was sloppy. The Starks and basically everyone else wanted to wait and hold back while their forces regained health for another big fight but Dani pushed it forward so everything is pretty unprepared and with her going off the rails burning the city a lot of the characters were caught in the middle of the destruction and nothing went as planned except for the quick destruction and takeover of the city. Without a solid plan or without sticking to your plan this is pretty much what you can expect to happen.

I did think that the dragon having an apparent never ending amount of explosive fire to breathe was a little odd because how do dragons breathe fire to begin with? I chalked it up to just being the fantasy part of the whole story you have to live with.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I sort of get how things are playing out sloppy because their whole push to King's Landing was sloppy. The Starks and basically everyone else wanted to wait and hold back while their forces regained health for another big fight but Dani pushed it forward so everything is pretty unprepared and with her going off the rails burning the city a lot of the characters were caught in the middle of the destruction and nothing went as planned except for the quick destruction and takeover of the city. Without a solid plan or without sticking to your plan this is pretty much what you can expect to happen.

I did think that the dragon having an apparent never ending amount of explosive fire to breathe was a little odd because how do dragons breathe fire to begin with? I chalked it up to just being the fantasy part of the whole story you have to live with.

It’s not the amount of fire I had a problem with - we have already accepted seasons ago that this leap into fantasy was necessary.

The FORCE of the fire is new. It was disintegrating stone buildings from afar.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
It’s not the amount of fire I had a problem with - we have already accepted seasons ago that this leap into fantasy was necessary.

The FORCE of the fire is new. It was disintegrating stone buildings from afar.
I thought the same thing when i saw the ice dragon blow apart the wall. Thought it was kinda ridiculuous but, its fantasy so anything goes i guess.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

I feel it was a little rushed but it hasn't all been bad. Daenerys has been at the edge of unleashing shit for a long time and has always been kept in check. After losing 2 of her dragons, Jorah, then Missandei, she was on the brink. After Jon/Aegon rebuffed her that was it.

Jaime ended up doing what he always wanted to do. I thought he was going to kill Cersei but he tried to leave her and it didn't work. He told Bronn a couple seasons back that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved and that's what he got.

Users who are viewing this thread