Gaithersburg Friday night meet?

rw93cobra

Established Member
Anyone know anything about a meet in Gaithersburg Friday night at a car wash? I came down tonight with some friends from my area and it rained as soon as we got here but looked like a good variety of cars. There was even a black terminator that drove through. Anyone come out to this or is it worth coming down to again?

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Yea I've been a few times pretty good meet if your down to race.. Lots of shit talkers esp. If you drive a Shelby or cobra.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I've tried to get into these. Too much drama and most always ends up getting shut down. Same group, or a faction of this group, that got the legendary Church of The Holy Donut kicked out permanently a few weeks back. Now it's back over in the original lot that has the worst layout for enjoying a Sunday morning. Guess I'm getting too old for childish hijinks.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, I went up to this one a few times back in the day. Was a big staging area for the street racing scene on Great Seneca. Not really my cup of tea either.......

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
I've tried to get into these. Too much drama and most always ends up getting shut down. Same group, or a faction of this group, that got the legendary Church of The Holy Donut kicked out permanently a few weeks back. Now it's back over in the original lot that has the worst layout for enjoying a Sunday morning. Guess I'm getting too old for childish hijinks.

different group. just a bunch of local people. some race (evo and bmw drivers) some dont (everyone fast). the imports have been increacing in numbers though. most roll race. if you want to race go to frederick on thurs. if you want to sit and bs about cars come here.

rw93cobra

Established Member
Yea I've been a few times pretty good meet if your down to race.. Lots of shit talkers esp. If you drive a Shelby or cobra.

I have a srt4 for a daily driver so just brought that. I figured one of the mustangs may draw more attention. It seemed like the crowd that could draw some drama. I'm not really into the street racing thing but some of my friends that came along are. Must have been an evo that that wanted to race one of them or raced one the week before.

Users who are viewing this thread