Gamestop

quad

Established Member
Hedge Funds had 120-130% of Gamestop (GME) stock on short-sell at like $4/share.

Short Sell, is betting it loses value. For every dollar it drops, you make a dollar. But if it gains value, you owe the difference.

People saw this and started buying GME, drove up the value to $350/share until Big Tech stepped in to **** the working man over and freeze stock buying on all the apps.

People are also buying other stocks that have been targeted for short-sells, Bed Bath and Body, AMC Movies, Nokia, American Airlines, etc.

Hedge Funds have lost $70B in total.
Gamestop cost these faggits $1B.

People are now suing Robin Hood, tech companies are also banning forums and servers. Discord just booted the stock forums.
Here is a politically incorrect satire joke about it. Some people will be offended don't shoot the messenger!!

38E0B549-E29C-4333-91A8-E736BB4DF3AF.jpeg

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
How can someone earn money on a stock losing value?

I get the rest I think.
They are selling stock they don't own to be delivered some point in the future. Stock goes down, they buy it and pocket the residual.

quad

Established Member
Billionaire investor Lee Cooperman on GameStop: This is not going to end well for the public

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I find it amazing how a nations economy which so happens to be one of the greatest economies in the world can be so dysfunctional.
I'm no economic so I wouldn't understand it all even if explained to me but the 2008 crash was due to a dysfunctional economic system and this case is the same.
But in this case it's the people who triggered the effect of a dysfunctional system which has been exploited for a very long time by the big boys in Wall Street.

I find it hilarious to be honest and I want Reddit to win this.
Make a statement that you can't **** with the masses.
Yesterday's attempts by RH and others was a true power demonstration by Wallstreet and now that they've shown their whole playing hand, I hope the masses will win this.
Unfortunately I can't participate in it but I promise you, Europe is on your side!

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I'm investing in popcorn with this saga. Hilarity all around.

But we all know the system won't stand for these shenanigans. Hedge funds can game the system with big bucks. Brokers can collude to help the hedge funds. And the SEC isn't going to come down on them. No, the SEC is going to clamp down on the little guys throwing peanuts around because they know who their masters are. I predict new regulations around small investors and social media in the near future, zero change to all the corruption. Gotta have business as usual.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Its BS!!!!

System is rigged to some degree. Always will be. The rules will get changed to benefit the big players.

I hope I’m wrong.

Morgan

Established Member
WSB has been around for a while- a sort of democratized hedge fund. Theres actually a performance tracker available.

Is anyone playing these stocks?

Users who are viewing this thread