Gamestop

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Then why isn't Gamestop issuing new shares right now at $300 /share to raise all the capital they can?

This is a company that has structural issues with its business model and faces a massively changed retail landscape and competitive situation. More cash in the bank isn't necessarily going to help anything. Here's their recent income statement. Absolutely horrible. They short sellers didn't push the price from $35 to $3. Maybe from $3.50 to $3. They're betting it will go bankrupt. And they are likely correct.

Based on the below income statement, GME stock at $35 is a 60x multiple on 2021 EBITDA. SIXTY times EBITDA on GME! ROFL! If you take GOOGL to $2300 you're only at about a 30x multiple to 2021 EBITDA.

View attachment 1686189
AMC just issued more stock.

GME is likely having crisis meetings trying to figure out WTH to do.

MG0h3

Established Member
Then why isn't Gamestop issuing new shares right now at $300 /share to raise all the capital they can?

This is a company that has structural issues with its business model and faces a massively changed retail landscape and competitive situation. More cash in the bank isn't necessarily going to help anything. Here's their recent income statement. Absolutely horrible. They short sellers didn't push the price from $35 to $3. Maybe from $3.50 to $3. They're betting it will go bankrupt. And they are likely correct.

Based on the below income statement, GME stock at $35 is a 60x multiple on 2021 EBITDA. SIXTY times EBITDA on GME! ROFL! If you take GOOGL to $2300 you're only at about a 30x multiple to 2021 EBITDA.

View attachment 1686189

Negative 4.57 a share. They are/were toast.
Gotta hand it to the crew that spotted it and did what they did lol.

The Reddit comments were a riot.

“Hold it til 1000. Let those mother ****ers burn”. Hahaha.

MG0h3

Established Member
AMC just issued more stock.

GME is likely having crisis meetings trying to figure out WTH to do.
Why? That was an infusion of money and now they’ll sue the brokers that stopped trading and lowered the price to a totally unrealistic value.

Gravik

Established Member
RH was restricting cryptocurrency trading too...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Why? That was an infusion of money and now they’ll sue the brokers that stopped trading and lowered the price to a totally unrealistic value.

that's what i've been wondering. people just literally invested MILLIONS into their company. they can't work with that?

dude what if the internet saved gamestop and screwed wallstreet AT THE SAME TIME?!

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
that's what i've been wondering. people just literally invested MILLIONS into their company. they can't work with that?

dude what if the internet saved gamestop and screwed wallstreet AT THE SAME TIME?!

That's not how this works, at all. Gamestop would need to sell NEW shares to raise new capital.

ETA: a share of stock represents fractional ownership of the company. You have sell the shares to get cash. When you buy stock in the stock market, unless on an IPO or a secondary offering, you are not buying from the company itself. You are buying from other fractional owners (I e. Stockholders)

q6543

Established Member
There are some serious red flags here, robinhood getting staked a billion dollars last night from citadel who bailed out melvin capital and now has a vested interest in the GME unwind.

The option chain is ****ed... for months.. at best it's a long slow unwind.
I have been selling puts up and down and then that got restricted.

It's possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life... 40YO,

AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO SELL!!
Not all heroes wear capes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
There are some serious red flags here, robinhood getting staked a billion dollars last night from citadel who bailed out melvin capital and now has a vested interest in the GME unwind.

The option chain is ****ed... for months.. at best it's a long slow unwind.
I have been selling puts up and down and then that got restricted.

It's possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life... 40YO,

AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO SELL!!
Not all heroes wear capes!
Trying to start a RH account, my status since Wednesday....

I suspect it's more nefarious then just a "to many new users" or standard transaction time.

Screenshot_20210129-223316.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

MG0h3

Established Member

GameStop is still a failure unless they pivot

just like TT 33 whatever the hell his name is

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Negative 4.57 a share. They are/were toast.
Gotta hand it to the crew that spotted it and did what they did lol.

The Reddit comments were a riot.

“Hold it til 1000. Let those mother ****ers burn”. Hahaha.

Its still early

crazy4life

Established Member
Trying to start a RH account, my status since Wednesday....

I suspect it's more nefarious then just a "to many new users" or standard transaction time.

View attachment 1686212

Why would you put money in a company that wont let you trade????? With RH you cant trade premarket or postmarket. When they let you trade you are limited to 1 share. Total scammers and partially owned by Hedge funds. Get a real brokerage unless you like confetti when you make a trade. WTF

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Why would you put money in a company that wont let you trade????? With RH you cant trade premarket or postmarket. When they let you trade you are limited to 1 share. Total scammers and partially owned by Hedge funds. Get a real brokerage unless you like confetti when you make a trade. WTF
Well, what are you suggesting?

crazy4life

Established Member
I have Amer
Well, what are you suggesting?

I have Ameratrade but there are more out there you just have to do your own DD to find 1 you like. My kid opened up an account on ameratrade yesterday and had it funded in less then 10 minutes. RH is going down for the sh8t they pulled. They make their money on selling order flow to the hedge funds. 40% of their revenue comes from citidel who is losing billions of dollars. Think there is any correlation to why they stopped allowing people to buy any stock thats being shorted?????

Please do your own DUE DILLIGENCE and remember rule No. never use money you dont mind losing

Users who are viewing this thread