Gas prices could double amid shortages

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Both vehicles in household are 15mpgallon’ers… Gas prices going double digits would put us into a corner…

Might need to get good at jogging long distance again. **** me! LOL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
And now our buffoon president makes this incredibly stupid and alarming statement.
Yeah, like everything isn’t petroleum based? Just say goodbye to everything. No more shingles for roof’s, no more plastic, no more black top roads. No more gas fired electric plants. If this **** sucker was anymore stupid. I’m gonna go off hard soon based on this bullshit. Almost punched my 85 year old neighbor, as he thought the potato should wave the college dept. I asked if I would be repaid the $ I paid more my 3 kids.

C2tuck

Established Member
Yeah, like everything isn’t petroleum based? Just say goodbye to everything. No more shingles for roof’s, no more plastic, no more black top roads. No more gas fired electric plants. If this **** sucker was anymore stupid. I’m gonna go off hard soon based on this bullshit. Almost punched my 85 year old neighbor, as he thought the potato should wave the college dept. I asked if I would be repaid the $ I paid more my 3 kids.

Yep. I think we should line up all these tree hugging faggots that hate oil, take everything they own that was made from oil or any of its byproducts, hand them some Jesus slippers and a hemp dress and tell them to kick rocks.

I can hear them crying for their iPhones already.

Oh, and don’t pull punches. He’s old enough you could say he fell and they’d believe you.

Fat Boss

Established Member
If Europe actually sacks up and bans Russian oil you're going to see prices go much higher from here.

My advice hasn't changed. Go to school and work on your career until gas prices are insignificant, even at these levels or multiples of it.

I took Pete Buttieplug's advice before he even gave it lol. Rockin' the $900 a month payment to pay $3.25 for a 65 mile round trip to work three days a week. The chargers at work are about 1/6 the cost per kWh as PGE rakes me for at home.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If Europe actually sacks up and bans Russian oil you're going to see prices go much higher from here.

My advice hasn't changed. Go to school and work on your career until gas prices are insignificant, even at these levels or multiples of it.

I took Pete Buttieplug's advice before he even gave it lol. Rockin' the $900 a month payment to pay $3.25 for a 65 mile round trip to work three days a week. The chargers at work are about 1/6 the cost per kWh as PGE rakes me for at home.
That's your advice for everyone here? Can't tell if you're really serious.

Fat Boss

Established Member
That's your advice for everyone here? Can't tell if you're really serious.

Of course it is. The people who suffer the most on average are those that dropped out of school. The people who suffer the least on average are those who went to school and got good degrees or technical skills.

Of course there are exceptions. My buddy Juan recently bought a $2.5M home and is doing at least a half million in upgrades to the property. He didn't go to school, he started a metal fabrication business and is savvy. That of course is another great route to financial independence.

Beyond school, everyone should be planning their next career move. You don't make a lot of money waiting for the boss to give you raises. You make a lot of money parlaying your experience into a much higher paying job, at least every five years.

Dusten

Established Member
Of course it is. The people who suffer the most on average are those that dropped out of school. The people who suffer the least on average are those who went to school and got good degrees or technical skills.

Of course there are exceptions. My buddy Juan recently bought a $2.5M home and is doing at least a half million in upgrades to the property. He didn't go to school, he started a metal fabrication business and is savvy. That of course is another great route to financial independence.

Beyond school, everyone should be planning their next career move. You don't make a lot of money waiting for the boss to give you raises. You make a lot of money parlaying your experience into a much higher paying job, at least every five years.

Not everyone wants to change jobs and chase the dollar.

My bills are paid and my savings is good. I like my job. I have no desire to find another.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
And now our buffoon president makes this incredibly stupid and alarming statement.
"But we have released over two hundred and, I think, fifty-seven thousand — million barrels of oil, I should say."

Say what?

Democrats make zero sense on the matter. People can't afford gas but suddenly they can afford VHTF electric vehicles reliant on a grid as strong as Ralphie Parker's dad plugging too many plugs into an outlet in 1940's Indiana?

Fat Boss

Established Member
Not everyone wants to change jobs and chase the dollar.

My bills are paid and my savings is good. I like my job. I have no desire to find another.

That's fine if you're happy and are planning for the future. But I stand by my comments that you should at least be planning on what you're going to do next, or who you're going to work for, even if you never have to execute the plan.

Dusten

Established Member
That's fine if you're happy and are planning for the future. But I stand by my comments that you should at least be planning on what you're going to do next, or who you're going to work for, even if you never have to execute the plan.

I've already made 1 major career change. I don't feel the need to make another.

As far as next? Retire by 50. **** work.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
"But we have released over two hundred and, I think, fifty-seven thousand — million barrels of oil, I should say."

Say what?

Democrats make zero sense on the matter. People can't afford gas but suddenly they can afford VHTF electric vehicles reliant on a grid as strong as Ralphie Parker's dad plugging too many plugs into an outlet in 1940's Indiana?

These high prices will finally get people to switch to EVs!

...that most Americans can't afford, OEMs can't supply, and electric companies can't support.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
These high prices will finally get people to switch to EVs!

...that most Americans can't afford, OEMs can't supply, and electric companies can't support.

But it's a win win just ask anyone that is even part of this administration, and I put that lightly as they seem more like preschoolers learning the difference between a penny, nickle, dime, quarter and a dollar. And then still failing on which is worth more over the other.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

This is all well and good, but companies are starting to care less about degrees than they did before. Or they just assume you have one.

I do agree about working on your career though. Mike Rowe said it best, there is no guarantee you can pull yourself up by your boot straps, but the harder you work and the more you focus, you'll be in a better position than you were before.

I can't tell if that's satire with the electric car.

Fat Boss

Established Member
This is all well and good, but companies are starting to care less about degrees than they did before. Or they just assume you have one.

I do agree about working on your career though. Mike Rowe said it best, there is no guarantee you can pull yourself up by your boot straps, but the harder you work and the more you focus, you'll be in a better position than you were before.

I can't tell if that's satire with the electric car.

I'm sure some companies care, and others don't. I know very senior engineers making a couple hundred grand a year without degrees, but that's the exception for sure.

The turning point for me in terms of career planning came when I was asked to move out of a bad ass place I'd lived in for 12 years so another generation of the owners' family could live there. Being forced to move made me really want to control the next time I move, on my terms. That caused me to focus on my career a lot more.

Yes, it's satirical on the EV. I've been playing the liberal BS game of buying cars that are HOV lane eligible for about 8 years now. It saves me anywhere from 30 to 40 mins a day of traffic so it's worth it to me. Plus, despite what the mouth breathers banter on and on about, it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive with INSTANT 634 foot pounds of torque. I'm happy that I can choose from a variety of cars for my DD/beater, and for the next couple of years this is it.

All that said, it's heartbreaking to see the lower and middle classes get hosed by high fuel prices. There's been a yuge under-investment in the oil and gas industry for several years now, and with the Ruskie situation, it's just going to get worse before any hope of getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread