Gasket sets to quiet your '03/'04 Cobra shifter (other Mustangs, too)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DOUBLE THICKNESS GASKET SETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

In response to numerous requests over the past year, I am now offering all of my shifter gasket sets in a double thickness (1/16") material. Sets are available in the Original version and in the new PLUS version. My website has been updated with the new product line.

The new PLUS version is more durable and even easier to install due to the thicker material.

Order Shifter Gaskets

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
PLUS GASKETS:
bought and installed...........actually quite a bit quieter compaired to 1st gen. much better A+++. thx Robert

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Well I just replaced my hurst shifter with a pro 5.0 and could not believe the amount of noise I get windows up with it! It sounds like tranny noise, is that what these sets are supPose to quiet? Wish I would have ordered this when I installed it, but I want to try an Mgw shifter now. So I'll try your setup while I'm swapping. The same set will work for pro 5.0 and Mgw? And it does the double thick make a slightly softer feel? Or not quite as firm? Thanks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mike, some transmission noise enters the cabin through even the stock shifter, but it is usually worse with an aftermarket billet shifter, like the Pro 5.0. My gasket does work to reduce that noise, so I definitely recommend it. If you do order a set, I recommend the PLUS Series version which is thicker. Cost is only $15.00 and includes first class mail shipping. The set (CP-1P) is the same for all T-56 shifters. No, the gasket doesn't make for a softer feel. It is still only 1/16" thick. You'll like it. :)

Malikot

Established Member
Just ordered a set for T-56...

How much do you torque the 4 bolts down with these gaskets in place?

Thanks
Luis

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you like it Drew! Amazing how well these gaskets work. and super easy to install! :)

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
I just bought a second kit to use it for my new short shifter. Thanks so much, it's easy to tell the difference!!!

:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Omar, when did you buy the set? I can't find your name in my most recent orders.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a bit late with a reply, but thank you very much for your purchase and comments. :)

89coupe306

Established Member
Just ordered mine, I can't wait :) pro 5.0 shifter is way noisy right now. Supper easy to order. Thanks

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
Is there any video or anything so I can compare what I hear to what noise this reduces. I know this may be a far question to ask but I am very curious. I might need to start a new thread to answer my question lol
Thanks in advance

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, Julian, there is no video. Every car is going to be different as far as noise level. It is a very inexpensive mod and very easy to install, so it's kind of a no-brainer if you know what I mean. If the cost was high, I'd be more concerned about the noise itself. Give it a try. I believe you'll be very pleased.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
I didnt think this would really work on lowering the sound on my helical cut t56 dog box trans in my cobra but i bought it anyway, i mean for $15 you cant go wrong. I had the shifter of because i was replacing the stock plastic shifter cup that broke with a new bronze one. By the way awesome updrade. Put everything back together today with the gasket in between the shifter and trans. Took it for a ride and holy shit is it quite!! I mean it took away 60% of noise and what ever else i heard was fairly quite. This is an amazing buy. Thanks for a good pruduct.

Users who are viewing this thread