Gauge Help

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
So I am back into cars a bit after a 20 year hiatus. Recently purchased a 2011 GT convertible as a weekend, non track car. I have done most of the easy suspension modifications and am waiting on receiving a low level (Brenspeed Stage 0) e-force supercharger system to install. I did some searching, but can't find any info on the cleanest gauge set up. Seems like the SCT X4 will display most of the important stuff, but I am looking for a cleaner install. I won't be pushing this so I really am just looking for something to monitor for safe operation (intercooler working, fuel press, etc...). I like the vent pod idea but see quite a bit of bad on the aeroforce. Is the ngauge any better (I guess a little foolish since not using it as a tuner). What about the P3/Raxiom?

Any thoughts?

Ryan

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Is your question about function or aesthetics?

Functionally, once boosted, you will want, IMO, the following:

Oil Pressure (your factory gauge is a dummy)
IATs
Boost
Volts (again, factory is a dummy)
A/F mixture

Quite literally, the Aeroforce can do all of that with one gauge . . . though daisy chaining two gauges might be easier to read, since it can only display two parameters at any one time. The boost would need a separate sensor and run to one of the two analog inputs on the Aeroforce. The rest (along with a host of other stuff) will read quite simply through plug-and-play with your OBD-II connector.

For aesthetic purposes, I used a center dash pod unit that holds three gauges. I put boost and oil pressure in two, and the Aeroforce in the other. At some point soon, I'll put oil temperature in place of that Aeroforce, and then move the Aeroforce gauge to the vent. That's all a matter of preference, though.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Is your question about function or aesthetics?

Functionally, once boosted, you will want, IMO, the following:

Oil Pressure (your factory gauge is a dummy)
IATs
Boost
Volts (again, factory is a dummy)
A/F mixture

Quite literally, the Aeroforce can do all of that with one gauge . . . though daisy chaining two gauges might be easier to read, since it can only display two parameters at any one time. The boost would need a separate sensor and run to one of the two analog inputs on the Aeroforce. The rest (along with a host of other stuff) will read quite simply through plug-and-play with your OBD-II connector.

For aesthetic purposes, I used a center dash pod unit that holds three gauges. I put boost and oil pressure in two, and the Aeroforce in the other. At some point soon, I'll put oil temperature in place of that Aeroforce, and then move the Aeroforce gauge to the vent. That's all a matter of preference, though.

Thanks for the info. Looking for both functional and aesthetic. I was assuming IATs, A/F and fuel pressure would be the key ones. Never put much thought into oil press/temp since I won't run this thing too hard, but oil pressure is probably a good idea. Have you had good luck with your aeroforce? Which 3 gauge pod did you go with?

Ryan

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I used the Autometer gauge pod, but my car is an 08. You will have to use a different brand, I believe.

I can see fuel pressure on my Aeroforce, but I never saw the value, to be honest. Intake Air Temps (2) are very important, and I watch that more than any other function.

The Aeroforce has been fine for me. Once every blue moon, one of the figures goes squirrely, and I fix it by unplugging from the OBDII and plugging it back in. It's rare though.

The screens tend to wash out when it's VERY hot in the car, like when it's been sitting in the summer sun. But, a few minutes of running the A/C brings it right back.

Bang for the buck, including ease of install, the Aeroforce is hard to beat. And, it will be easier for you -- I had to run a wideband sensor and calibrate it to see A/F in my 08. For your car, it will come right from the OBDII.

Users who are viewing this thread