Gauge questions, Fuel Pressure & A/F Gauge

Phil'scobra

Established Member
Ok,

I have an 03 cobra with a 2.3 Whipple, Running stock fuel lines and 60lbs injectors. I have some gauges that are not showing the correct information. I did not install the gauges and I don’t know how old the gauges are but what I have is a standalone Speedhut digital fuel pressure gauge and a standalone innovative A/F gauge and an Aeroforce scan gauge.

The fuel gauge and the Aeroforce gauge are reading about 10 psi different, the Speedhut reads 29 psi while the Aero reads 39 psi, Note last week I was driving the car my A/F gauge pegged out at 22.5 and the fuel gauge was reading Sender error. I recalibrated my A/F gauge and now it reads 10-12 when I get on it and 15-17 when it just idling. The car runs fine, no problems, I did have an exhaust leak that I fixed,

So, I am not sure what my question is but I would like to know that I am not going to blow my car up next week when I leave for mustang week.

What is the normal fuel pressure the cobras see. Also I am running a returnless system.

Thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The Speedhut gauge should be reading actual fuel pressure. So as you give it throttle the pressure should raise up accordingly. The Aeroforce is reading the pressure drop across the injectors. Basically it's the difference between the fuel pressure at the inlet of the injectors and the outlet. It should always be around 39-40psi.

That A/F sounds really wide. I aim for 11.0-11.5 under boost. My A/F at idle and part throttle swings from low 14's to high 15's. It's never going to settle at one number as the computer is using the O2's to adjust the A/F at part throttle.

Phil'scobra

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, The fuel pressure in the Fuel hut does fluctuate, I will have to check the Aeroforce gauge to see if it fluctuates.

Users who are viewing this thread