Gearheads in Arlington...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcRob11

Established Member
Any of you guys have any experience taking your cars there? My buddy says they are a good shop, just seeing what your personal experience is with them...

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I would pass Gearheads, keep going down the street until it veers right, follow that up to 1200 Commercial Ave Ste A and talk to the guys at Evolution.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I've heard nothing but good things about Gearheads, my friend has a twin turbo '03 up there right now. I always used HPP in Lewisville but I didn't know anything about Gearheads at the time. I have talked to them on the phone a few times about my old '04 Mach 1 and they were extremely helpful.

Last edited:

01BeansGt

Established Member
My car is currently there getting a terminator swap and a fuel system. They are very good to deal with. They have been nothing but good with me, I would recommend them to anybody. They are willing to work with you.

kingjoey

Boost is in my blood
Established Member
Travis and Matt are really good with customer service, and the work they did to my old car was top notch. Now the new one will be going to Gearheads as well.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Skip a headache at Gearheads and go to TrueStreet Motorsports in Mckinney.

All of you guys need to sign up at DFW50s.com too. :)

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Travis is a good guy, but I would not let them touch another one of my cars. It was a lot better of a company when it was THP, and when they were on the other end of Cooper St.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Gearheads is great. Truestreet is great. HPP is.........

Pretty much how I feel....

Except I havent tried Truestreet.. They are going to tune my car at the beginning of december so we shall see.

My car will officially have been tuned by dallas mustang, hpp, gearheads and truestreet at some point in its life after december lol

I dont even know if dallas mustang is still around but if it is stay far away

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
I just picked my car up from Gearheads twin turbo 03 cobra from a complete rebuild and conversiona and can honestly say that I would not hesitate to take my car back to them for any further work. Great guys and good work!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
^ I havent been to Hpp in a LONG time or spoke with anyone that has so I am not sure...

So far I have got a good impression from Tim at Truestreet. He actually talked to me on the phone for a good bit and didnt put me on hold forever like some of the other shops mentioned, and he emailed me back promply when I had a question.

I get a good vibe from them, Will know more on the 13th when my car gets tuned.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'd pass as well. How is HPP doing and can anyone tell me about Truestreet?

TrueStreet Motorsports is awesome. It is owned by Clint Davis and Sean Burt. Two real car guys who understand what it's like to take your car to a shop and want to be treated right. They go out of their way for customer service to keep the customers informed what is going on, will take the time to explain everything you need to know without any hint of condesending tone you get from other shops who just want you to leave them alone to do the work.

I highly recommend TrueStreet Motorsports for any of your car needs. They don't just work on Mustangs either, they work on everything. Sean was the tuner at LG Motorsports for a very long time before opening his own shop. He really knows his stuff and can make LSx's fly as well! :beer:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
^ I havent been to Hpp in a LONG time or spoke with anyone that has so I am not sure...

So far I have got a good impression from Tim at Truestreet. He actually talked to me on the phone for a good bit and didnt put me on hold forever like some of the other shops mentioned, and he emailed me back promply when I had a question.

I get a good vibe from them, Will know more on the 13th when my car gets tuned.

Sweet, looking forward to it.

TrueStreet Motorsports is awesome. It is owned by Clint Davis and Sean Burt. Two real car guys who understand what it's like to take your car to a shop and want to be treated right. They go out of their way for customer service to keep the customers informed what is going on, will take the time to explain everything you need to know without any hint of condesending tone you get from other shops who just want you to leave them alone to do the work.

I highly recommend TrueStreet Motorsports for any of your car needs. They don't just work on Mustangs either, they work on everything. Sean was the tuner at LG Motorsports for a very long time before opening his own shop. He really knows his stuff and can make LSx's fly as well! :beer:
Hopefully in the next couple months I can check them out! My brother and I have had awesome luck with LG and their shop is always clean, neat, and organized. They installed a few parts and retuned my brothers SS several years ago, maybe Sean tuned it?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Hopefully in the next couple months I can check them out! My brother and I have had awesome luck with LG and their shop is always clean, neat, and organized. They installed a few parts and retuned my brothers SS several years ago, maybe Sean tuned it?

If it was a few years ago, it was most likely Sean who tuned it. :)

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Looks like I may have to go here as well. I don't believe TrueStreet will install the Whipple as they stated they are a procharger / KB shop.

thanks,
Crowley

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Looks like I may have to go here as well. I don't believe TrueStreet will install the Whipple as they stated they are a procharger / KB shop.

thanks,
Crowley

TrueStreet can/will install anything. They are just a vendor for Whipple, doesn't mean they can't install anything else. :lol1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread