Gee...I wonder what that was...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
;-)

Hmm...what could that 05 bodied Mustang with a manufacturer plate I just spent several minutes chasing be...with that giant shaker scoop running across basically the breadth of the hood...and the big rear tires...and all those funny gauges hanging from the pillar...and about a million blinking o-meters and gadgets on the dash...Guy sure seemed in a hurry to lose me(only read farther if you know Detroit) seeing as we both got on at schoolcraft and telegraph, and then he pulled a 3 laner to get back off at Inkster, pretended like he was turning, busted back over a lane, and then turned right into a suburb. (i dont chase into burbs)

Wondery why they'd have to have a bigger hood on this car...not like they'd try and shoehorn something big in there now would they... :-D

I know what's coming, and now I've seen/heard it. :burnout:

Last edited:

69hahaha

Established Member
QUE CLIFF HANGER MUSIC: BOM BOM BOM! I guess this could be interesting. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Again, awesome news! Was it the white one, the blue one, or...?? Did it have the flat black Z06 style rims & a flat black hood scoop?
Could someone get some pics!!!

It was the blue one, and not only is there a white one, but a red one as well... :beer:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
Shaker scoop thats the width of the hood? That doesnt seem right

It's not like the Mach 1 style, it's not even part of the hood, I'm fairly sure it's just riveted on to suck in air and fit whatever exactly is under there. :beer:

CobraBri

Established Member
The DBK said:
;-)

Hmm...what could that 05 bodied Mustang with a manufacturer plate I just spent several minutes chasing be...with that giant shaker scoop running across basically the breadth of the hood...and the big rear tires...and all those funny gauges hanging from the pillar...and about a million blinking o-meters and gadgets on the dash...Guy sure seemed in a hurry to lose me(only read farther if you know Detroit) seeing as we both got on at schoolcraft and telegraph, and then he pulled a 3 laner to get back off at Inkster, pretended like he was turning, busted back over a lane, and then turned right into a suburb. (i dont chase into burbs)

Wondery why they'd have to have a bigger hood on this car...not like they'd try and shoehorn something big in there now would they... :-D

I know what's coming, and now I've seen/heard it. :burnout:

Who won????

:D

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
CobraBri said:
Who won????

:D

I was hoping he'd race me just so I could gauge it compared to me racing my buddies 03. The Jaguar is a strange beast because its much faster than most cars, but not quite as fast as real fast cars.

After I told my dad that story he told me he saw the red one flying around him half sideways full throttle doing a lane change a couple days ago over by WHQ.

It may be of note that he said it didn't sound like a Mustang, he said it sounded more like my car at WOT(just a lot quieter :-D )

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Everyone thinks that SVT just got started on the next cobra. You do realize that they started settling into a direction for the 05 mustang around 1999 and were way underway in 2002 pretty much in production form?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
KevinB120 said:
Everyone thinks that SVT just got started on the next cobra. You do realize that they started settling into a direction for the 05 mustang around 1999 and were way underway in 2002 pretty much in production form?

Oh no not at all. It's just things are on the streets.

I actually know the real deal, but I'm not gettin anyone fired here... :pepper:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
Sounds bad ass. Thanks for the info. How did the car you saw sound?

Sounded louder than an 03, but different from any of the 4v cars. I'd say it was a bit less exotic and more muscley. More throaty. The mufflers were clearly not a finished proposition though, as they stuck out like trumpets and were only half aligned.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The DBK said:
Sounded louder than an 03, but different from any of the 4v cars. I'd say it was a bit less exotic and more muscley. More throaty. The mufflers were clearly not a finished proposition though, as they stuck out like trumpets and were only half aligned.

Good answer! I like the sound of that...literally. :D

You also said it had wide tires on the back? I had heard there might be issue with putting big rubber in the rear, but from your perspective they seemed to have managed it, huh?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
Good answer! I like the sound of that...literally. :D

You also said it had wide tires on the back? I had heard there might be issue with putting big rubber in the rear, but from your perspective they seemed to have managed it, huh?

I was stuck behind him for a good 5 minutes waiting to get on the on-ramp from hell. I was really tempted to get out and knock on his window or measure the tires...lol.

I really can't be sure, but if I had to give an estimated guess, I'd say they looked like at least 295s on an 18.

jwfisher

Banned
The DBK said:
The mufflers were clearly not a finished proposition though, as they stuck out like trumpets

That's normal... that is an adapter they put on all cars going thru development and emissions testing. Allows easy hookup to sampling equipment.

Yes, GET A CAMERA!!!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
hey DBK. PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES!- I'll mail you a disposable if you dont have a camera. im hurting to find out what the new setup is going to be

Users who are viewing this thread