Gen 1 Picture Thread

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
I had the pleasure of driving one of these when I was about 15. It was black and all dented up and beat to hell but it still ran like a champ... I've wanted one ever since

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
I picked this 93 up yesterday. It's far from perfect but not too bad. There isn't any rust, the interior is pretty nice and the engine bay is clean. The only mod is a cat back. It originated in Oregon and moved here in 2005. I don't have any idea what # it is.
Has 99K miles.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Last edited:

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Bring this thread back to the top!

plstraightpass.jpg

plpassside.jpg

pldriverreflection.jpg

Basically stock with a couple bolt on's. I have some other mods that I'll be doing soon, I hope. Divorces arn't cheap haha

Last edited:

b303

Established Member
Here is my 95. Just lowered it slightly and added Bassani catted x pipe. Other then that she is all stock with 210k miles.

lightning1995_zps77c57864.png

scriced

LFest3TrueStreet Champion
Established Member
This one came home in late October of 2012. One of two known to be converted to CrewCab configuration, one of one known to currently exist. This one done by Full Effect also. 224,000 miles on her. Have a LARGE list of repairs/upgrades/mods to keep me busy. What is REALLY nice is most all paperwork from all four owners came with the truck plus the magazine issue that featured the other CrewCab Lightning. This one is yet another 1994 Lightning for us making 3 '94's in our household now, and 3 white trucks; one in each length !

8186488776_0b800b686a_b.jpg

Scott

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Scriced, you definatly have a one of a kind collection of L's. I've been keepin up with your progress on the other site. I knew a guy in hawaii that had a black extended cab, always wanted a extended cab after seeing/riding in his.

scriced

Established Member
Scriced, you definatly have a one of a kind collection of L's. I've been keepin up with your progress on the other site. I knew a guy in hawaii that had a black extended cab, always wanted a extended cab after seeing/riding in his.

How many years ago was that ? These Full Effect conversions are extemely hard to locate/track. Do you remember anything about the truck ? What model year it was ? Was the guy you knew in Hawaii the original owner of that truck ?

Scott

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I first met him in 97 and he was the original owner. The first time I saw it he was going in a different direction down the road. I thought he had just put the stickers on it. About a month later I met up with him at a car show, I used to have a 72 Gran Torino CJ :). He told me he got it from a company in Cali through a family member. It was a little rough around the "edges" so to speak. Last time I saw it it was around 00, as I lost contact with him. Unfortunatly I don't know what number it was or the guys last name or I woulda tried to get in contact with him.

scriced

Established Member
I first met him in 97 and he was the original owner. The first time I saw it he was going in a different direction down the road. I thought he had just put the stickers on it. About a month later I met up with him at a car show, I used to have a 72 Gran Torino CJ :). He told me he got it from a company in Cali through a family member. It was a little rough around the "edges" so to speak. Last time I saw it it was around 00, as I lost contact with him. Unfortunatly I don't know what number it was or the guys last name or I woulda tried to get in contact with him.

Good to know that ! The company in Cali was most probably Full Effect. Bill Thomas was the owner of the company, first located in Upland then San Bernadino, CA. Only 4 of the Full Effect SuperCab conversions are known to currently exist. The yellow one, number 0 or the prototype as my wife likes to call it, # 1 is in Louisiana, #13 is in the Bay area of California, and # 15 is in western Washington. It seems most all the conversions were '93 models. Full Effect would do an owner's existing Lightning or buy one new and do the conversion. Only # 15 is a '94 truck. # 15 is the last known truck to be converted. # 1 was originally a black truck. A guy out of Kentucky bought # 1 out of Florida, went completely though it and changed the color to white.

Our '94 CrewCab L is a '94 but interestingly the rear doors have the body reveal line near the bottom suggesting it was a '95 cab that was ordered from Ford for the conversion.

Our white '94 SuperCab conversion is not a Full Effect conversion, but done mostly the same way Full Effect did them. The original owner had the truck done locally in eastern Tennessee in 2000.

Wished you had more info on the black one in Hawaii but know how things go as years pass by. I've seen a picture of a red one a few years ago. Don't even know how many of each color were converted, but that would depend on the customer. # 13 is painted in Ford's Grabber Blue. It was raced in the 1995 edition of the Nevada 100. Our yellow cab was raced in the 1994 edition of the same race winning in it's entered class, that being the 115 MPH class. Both trucks were driven by the same driver; T.J. Clark.

Not many were done because of pricing I suspect. On top of a roughly 26,000 dollar truck the basic conversion in 1994 was $7500 and then to that a list of options was available. Have no idea the additional cost of the CrewCab conversion !

Scott

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Full Effects was definatly a cool company. Too bad there isn't any surviving paperwork from them. Whatever happened to the owner? There are plenty of Gen 1's here where I live. Even have one that painted there's camo :/. I am always on the look out for 'em. Haven't seen any ext cab's though.

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
Couldn't find a white 95 for the 3 years I was looking and now that I have one it seems like everyone has one. So much for being the rare color.
My '95...
bassani shorties, mid pipe and single outlet catback (is it still a catback if you don't have cats?)
Punisher vb
3.73 gears. kills it a little off the line but its great on the road.

4F06A010-3CBA-4D25-9613-2E2B15FCBD2A-4710-0000027C93AF6C60_zps221a1b2d.jpg

EDA901CB-0542-4DC2-AB25-60A18F60F321-4060-00000251352EE173_zps5414cb1d.jpg

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Big that is a CLEAN 95!!! My brother lives in Tyler, next time Im down there we should get together.
MSGT, I like those rims!! Ya need to lower it, just like I need to lower mine haha

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I must add a White Gen. 1 Lightning to my garage NOW! Great looking trucks everyone :beer:

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
Big that is a CLEAN 95!!! My brother lives in Tyler, next time Im down there we should get together.
MSGT, I like those rims!! Ya need to lower it, just like I need to lower mine haha

Thanks. Tyler's quite a run from Katy though. It's hard to believe this thing has 170k on it. Goes to show how well they were put together.

ty.thompson1981

Established Member
MIne is a 94 with dream beams up front, lowering shackles out back, a magnaflow muffler, fresh trans rebuild with a punisher valve body. Where are you guys with tonneau covers finding them? I want a tonneau cover for mine.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 796
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 774
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 764
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg