Gen 2 CTS-V Brakes on my 03 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteed

Established Member
Wow that is just beautiful. Truly a work of art. I would be very interested in a kit or at the very least components of the kit.

Blown 89

Established Member
God damn son. These things suck your eyballs out on my wagon, I can't imagine throwing them on a Mustang that weights a Rosie O'Donnell less than the V.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Sweet, a guy named Jeremy did this a few years ago. He is stationed in England when I last talked to him. That was when I was putting '13 Shelby Brembo's on my '98. FTR is mass producing brackets to fit the '13-'14 Shelby Brembo's on '79-'04 Mustangs now.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Sweet, a guy named Jeremy did this a few years ago. FTR is mass producing brackets to fit the '13-'14 Shelby Brembo's on '79-'04 Mustangs now.

FTR doesn't make a kit for the '13 gt500 brakes 6 piston calipers 15 inch rotors. As far as I know they only make a kit for the 4 piston calipers 14 inch rotors. There was a company that did but they are no longer around which is why I think so many are interested in this kit

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I somehow missed this thread last month. LOL. Good Lord, Mooch, that is an impressive/great looking brake setup. Engines tend to get most of the attention, so it's nice to see big effort placed on stopping and suspension. Well done!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
FTR doesn't make a kit for the '13 gt500 brakes 6 piston calipers 15 inch rotors. As far as I know they only make a kit for the 4 piston calipers 14 inch rotors. There was a company that did but they are no longer around which is why I think so many are interested in this kit

I talked to FTR and there are some guys running the 6-pots. He does not recommend it yet. I talked to him 2 or so years ago about it, it is old information. The strength of the bracket is why it is not recommended. One could grab a set and then throw them in a CAD program and make them out of titanium to reliably run the 6-pots though.

sub0ca

WOW that looks amazing, - did you have to change your rotor size?
Also - any luck on getting a bracket made for this mod? looking to upgrade to the cts v front and rear updates

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What kind of wheels are those?

If anyone is interested, I will have these hopefully available as a kit shortly. PM me if you are interested and I can give more details. Until then, carry on with #moochpics :D

Have you guys looked into retrofitting the GT350R brakes? I ask because when the car first came out I purchased the entire brake kit front and rear (calipers, rotors, pads, and brackets) for a GT350R from the dealership for a total of $1100. For the parts you get there that is an unbelievable price and I'm pretty sure the pricing is still the same. Imo, it is the best brake setup you can buy for the money but the biggest issue obviously is fitting them to other vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread