Gen 3 Raptor to be unveiled Feb 3rd

andymarkv

Established Member
I'm hoping for a super light weight, 4cylinder with a 6 speed manual.
Oh man!! Never even occurred to me, THAT could be fun!
I mean...how many expensive, super heavy, high HP vehicles can this market support...?

I read the new Ranger is supposedly based on the Bronco platform...I got really excited that there might be a retro looking manual Ranger in the future!...but then I woke up.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3329.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ram truck interiors > F150 truck interiors.

I do love the F150 trucks, but let's be real here. The interiors in the Ram trucks are far superior. I love the exterior looks of both trucks, but I think I like the TRX a bit more.
If it comes to a TRX vs. the Raptor with the possible supercharged Predator engine,...........I think the supercharged Predator will take it in a straight line. The interior still going to the Ram trucks. Imagine the tuning possibilities with a F150 with the Predator engine?? Bad ass.

kaz109

Established Member

I do love the F150 trucks, but let's be real here. The interiors in the Ram trucks are far superior. I love the exterior looks of both trucks, but I think I like the TRX a bit more.
If it comes to a TRX vs. the Raptor with the possible supercharged Predator engine,...........I think the supercharged Predator will take it in a straight line. The interior still going to the Ram trucks. Imagine the tuning possibilities with a F150 with the Predator engine?? Bad ass.

have you been inside a 2021 F150 limited yet?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
A 7,500+ rpm motor will not be offered. Maybe a variant of it, sure. Just don' think a high rpm screamer is good fit for this sort of application.

Not matter what they roll with, they better be ready to go to 800hp, because you can guarantee that's what Ram will throw down.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
A 7,500+ rpm motor will not be offered. Maybe a variant of it, sure. Just don' think a high rpm screamer is good fit for this sort of application.

Not matter what they roll with, they better be ready to go to 800hp, because you can guarantee that's what Ram will throw down.
That is a given. The V8 will be tuned/limited from the factory to fit the Gen 3 needs. I just cannot get over the styling. I don’t like the 2021 F-150 styling and can’t get down with the Raptor version. It looks like Ford took the Nissan Titan as the inspiration.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Trx Red Eye, hell yeah!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
It would be a HARD troll to throw the godzilla (or megazilla) in it. I can see the memes now, maybe even some plates on the engine with godzilla toasting a trex. Gt500 motor would be sweet too however I see neither of those things happening.

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

NO way man! FCA is crap! And AOC was almost killed on Jan 6th!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Honestly, you think that Ford is not going to put the Predator in it?
Not with 760 hp. And with what trans?
GT500 guys will cry foul if the Halo Predator shows up in a truck.

it should also be perfectly clear to everyone by now, that in the event dodge get one upped here, that they will slap a redeye variant under the hood. 805 hp in the current Chally SS.
Nobody at dodge is shaking in their boots about the new raptor no matter what flavor it comes in. They’re selling TRXs left and right just like Ford will sell Raptors.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll be surprised if the blown V8 raptor doesn’t come in at 15-30k above the TRX price after a little ADM action

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford needs to steal that hellcat thunder and put a GT500 motor in a Explorer as well. Maybe reintroduce a predator motor lightning too. F150 is without a doubt Fords bread and butter, why not give people what they want?
There was a little back and forth between the trackhawks and some modded explorers not too long ago. I’d watch...but ford wont do it

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Im guessing 3.5 High Output EcoBoost with the hybrid powertrain for the regular Raptor and then a top trim level model to compete with the TRX using the 5.2L detuned to 710hp using a beefed up/revised version of the 10 speed. Coil spring rear end with increased travel and new revised Fox dampers(or will they go with the new Bilsteins?)

Users who are viewing this thread