Gen 3 Raptor to be unveiled Feb 3rd

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If it comes out later this year then that would be an incredibly fast rollout for a Ford Performance vehicle. Going by their track record, there is no way it will be out this year, but if so then they must be way ahead on this thing. That just doesn't sound feasible to me knowing it is Ford.

+1

That's the point I was trying to make. If it is launching this calendar year with a V8, they've been working on it a while.

My94GT

Established Member
I also am very curious to see how the new front end looks. The current raptor is one beautiful truck but the 22 F150 kinda has a face only a mother could love. Maybe I personally just need to see more of them to grow on me.

what I would expect is the interior to be much more on level with the current ram offerings based off what the 21 F150 looks like in photos at least.

I’m sure V8 or not it’ll sell like hot cakes and if it has a power boost type option vs the TRXs horrid fuel mileage I wonder how many potential street only buys factor the in.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I also am very curious to see how the new front end looks. The current raptor is one beautiful truck but the 22 F150 kinda has a face only a mother could love. Maybe I personally just need to see more of them to grow on me.

what I would expect is the interior to be much more on level with the current ram offerings based off what the 21 F150 looks like in photos at least.

I’m sure V8 or not it’ll sell like hot cakes and if it has a power boost type option vs the TRXs horrid fuel mileage I wonder how many potential street only buys factor the in.
The front end is on the first post. Love the Gen1 and Gen2 looks. This new one looks dumb as hell though. There is just nothing (looks wise) that I like about the new gen F150/Raptor.

My94GT

Established Member
The front end is on the first post. Love the Gen1 and Gen2 looks. This new one looks dumb as hell though. There is just nothing (looks wise) that I like about the new gen F150/Raptor.

I was optimistically hoping that’s just an unfavorable view of the front end lol

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
pretty highly modded(possibly bigger turbo), drag radials too i believe. but yes, a hawk
No shit. Now im quite happy my wife decided on the Explorer ST vs the Kia Telluride. Pretty amazing for a truck down that much power.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No shit. Now im quite happy my wife decided on the Explorer ST vs the Kia Telluride. Pretty amazing for a truck down that much power.
The 3.0 is a stout little motor and ZFG Racing has been pushing out really strong tunes. The guy @jvandy50 is referring to is in the 10's now since he's done a little more work since this video:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
+1

That's the point I was trying to make. If it is launching this calendar year with a V8, they've been working on it a while.
The Bronco rollout last July, many of the items/options they advertised are not available until the 2022 model 18+ months later. This is a non performance rollout.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
From Spacebook just now:
upload_2021-2-2_13-21-51.png

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
After posting that I realized it was a nothing-burger lol...I didn't remember it being called "all new" or "fully redesigned" already.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just throwing some speculation into the wind :)

1.) High Output Powerboost V6 engine, 460hp/600ft/lbs of torque (Hybrid)
2.) 10-speed automatic
3.) MY22
4.) Starting price $64,250 up to $83,575
5.) New 'off road package'.

What I'm hoping for:
1.) Predator Motor or Godzilla
2.) 7-speed DCT
3.) Ultra light monoblock wheels
4.) "R" (or equivalent special edition) package
5.) Adjustable shocks so they can actually tow a car trailer without the front end looking at the sky.

T minus 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread