gen2 heads/cams on gen1

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
i already know they will bolt on and the gen1 block has better head bolt setup.

what i need is details.

so....iam changing the valves to back cut undercut 38mm. pocket porting and 250 grit flapper. because the gen2 already has larger valves i wont need new seats.

does anyone know if larger valves in a gen3 have room, or are they too shrouded. larger valves fit in b and c heads with seatsand there is a lot of room to deshroud.

i DO NOT know what can be done to gen2 heads for deshrouding. i do know there is little room in standard bore. i suspect ford used the valve size they did for a reason.

also i have gen 1 cams. L&M intake and baby CJ exhaust. i am using them 75/25 percent chance. will gen1 phasers bolt, and work on gen2 heads.

is there a list of parts i will need? can i use gen1 headstuds with the gen2 heads? does the gen1 block dowels fit the gen2 heads? doi need to use gen2 piston valve reliefs?

the whole deal. larger valves are the difference between what i am doing and whatmost do.

ford sells the heads for practically free. 470.00 plus core charge with valves,locks, springs.

exhaust valves will stay stock.

back cut/under cut valves flow about 6 cfm each over stock for the same size. 38mm adds a few more even without porting with multi angle valve job.

Users who are viewing this thread