Gen2 Swap

CDN5.0

Established Member
Oil pump drive failed on my 14 Track Pack completely stock Coyote at 60K miles. It turned at least one rod bearing, maybe more.
Time to start looking for a replacement and I don’t have the scratch for a crate so I’ll be searching for a low mileage used engine.
My question is does anyone know if a Gen2 is a plug and play swap?
If not what changes/pieces would I need to add?

PFA

DA50B29D-2F82-4C19-971C-0D6C484A74EE.jpeg

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The short answer is no. You will have to use your current timing components and your intake cams. Crank sprocket, timing chain and cam phasers will all have to come from your existing motor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
If you seized the motor due to lack of oil, you may have to refinish your stock heads and timing component since you’ll need them for a gen 2 block.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CDN5.0

Established Member
Ok so I’ll start the search for a decent Gen 1 and I’ll order and install a set of billet steel oil pump drive gears.
On the upside I’ll have the original engine out and I’ll have it rebuilt at my leisure. Seems a better way to go as I suspect there is probably some damage to the cam bearings and a whole lot of metal floating around in the oil galleries and such.
Thanks for tuning me in everyone - I appreciate it.
Scott

RansomS197

Established Member
So can you just grab a gen 2 short block and throw the rest of the gen 1 top end on it?

Users who are viewing this thread