Getting a dyno tune soon, anything I need to know about?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I am getting a dyno tune June 2nd, and I was wondering if there is anything I need to do in order to get my car ready for it. My car just has basic bolt ons (cai, mid pipe, catback, 4:10s).

Also, is there anything that I should have him turn on or off in the tune? I am getting my traction control disabled and my speedo fixed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Dan

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Post up your experience, I plan on going there at the end of next month after my Vortech install

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Post up your experience, I plan on going there at the end of next month after my Vortech install

Will do. It's like a month long waiting list. I was able to get in earlier because he said my tune was fairly straight forward.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
if the car is backfiring, def. check the plugs and the gaps. Your mods should not make a car backfire so you may have an underlying issue

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
It only backfires after i drive it for 3 hours straight and then hit it. Sounds kind of ridiculous, but i take it up north once a year and it backfires.....once a year....

PhaidOut

Established Member
Interesting problem - I had a similar one on an 89 built 5.0 (heads, cam, intake, etc changed out). Problem was fuel pump failing. So get that checked before the dyno - don't waste your money. It ran a lot of miles before we figured that out. Night and day performance.

New Plugs and filters for sure as so many have said before going there. If you have the problem - just go through the basics ahead of time. That way you can rule them out and again - not waste your money.

I am really interested to hear about your experience. There seems to be a love / hate thing with Lidio and Alternative Performance. I have had 3 people that I personally know who use his services tell me he is the only way to go; but there seem to be a lot of complaints as well.

Depending on what I find out about what is wrong with my engine, I am going to give E3 plugs a try. If it is bad, after a rebuild - if not soon. They really do make a difference in combustion. I first saw them on Power TV. Michigan Tech researchers showed video of them versus normal plugs and the differences in power and emissions. Seems to me mileage went up pretty significantly as well. Bottom line is that it made a significant and obvious difference. I don't know anyone personally running them yet though or what pitfalls they might have.

POPPAJ

Established Member
Interesting problem - I had a similar one on an 89 built 5.0 (heads, cam, intake, etc changed out). Problem was fuel pump failing. So get that checked before the dyno - don't waste your money. It ran a lot of miles before we figured that out. Night and day performance.

New Plugs and filters for sure as so many have said before going there. If you have the problem - just go through the basics ahead of time. That way you can rule them out and again - not waste your money.

I am really interested to hear about your experience. There seems to be a love / hate thing with Lidio and Alternative Performance. I have had 3 people that I personally know who use his services tell me he is the only way to go; but there seem to be a lot of complaints as well.

Depending on what I find out about what is wrong with my engine, I am going to give E3 plugs a try. If it is bad, after a rebuild - if not soon. They really do make a difference in combustion. I first saw them on Power TV. Michigan Tech researchers showed video of them versus normal plugs and the differences in power and emissions. Seems to me mileage went up pretty significantly as well. Bottom line is that it made a significant and obvious difference. I don't know anyone personally running them yet though or what pitfalls they might have.

Lidio's done the tune on my Trilogy Marauder, 449.8rwhp. Never a problem and always impressed. Never heard any of any complaints.

PhaidOut

Established Member
POPPAJ - You almost sound skeptical. Maybe the bad is to shorten the line... ;-) You can't please everyone - that is just the way it is. Read the forums. Plenty of threads out there. That's why I am interested. Perspective is what it is all about.

Like I said - 3 people I know and trust have had nothing but positive things to say and 2 have told me to drop their names. I have heard plenty of VERY good things as well from others and on the forum. I only have heard complaints second hand (never talked to the actual complainers) or on the forums. I will eventually be making my way over there as well. Good, Bad or otherwise - I want to know how it goes. Build on the legend or not.

Users who are viewing this thread