Getting the A/C to work in my 96 mystic cobra coyote swap

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Has any one got this done on there own swap? If so what wiring did you go with. Also I have an idea of how to wire it but I am unsure of how to intergrate the CCRM with the 96 wiring harness and the coyote control pack. Any knowledge would help. Thanks

xtort

Established Member
I know this thread is a little old, so I'm not sure if you've been answered yet - but it has been done.

golddust on Corral has a working (all but WOT cutoff) and he's trying to dig up the notes he had on it and send them to me.

From what I understand so far, you use your factory A/C controls to turn on the compressor (through the high and low pressure safeties), and feed that back to the Coyote PDB on the ACCR pin so that the PCM can anticipate the additional load.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
I know this thread is a little old, so I'm not sure if you've been answered yet - but it has been done.

golddust on Corral has a working (all but WOT cutoff) and he's trying to dig up the notes he had on it and send them to me.

From what I understand so far, you use your factory A/C controls to turn on the compressor (through the high and low pressure safeties), and feed that back to the Coyote PDB on the ACCR pin so that the PCM can anticipate the additional load.

ya if you could get that information and email it to [email protected] i would be greatly appreative its hot on the island. lol

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i wired mine independently from the pcm and it does just fine. it drops the idle for a split second when it comes on but it has never bogged down or shut off on me. i used the PBH swap brackets on my fox and all stock 96-04 lines, accumulator, condenser etc....... i did have to modify my evaporator core to SN95 ends but that will not be an issue in a 96

just find the wire for the AC coming out of the dash harness, run it to the high and low pressure switches and then use that to trigger a relay to turn on the compressor. it isnt hard to do at all

Last edited:

soundgarden0405

Established Member
i wired mine independently from the pcm and it does just fine. it drops the idle for a split second when it comes on but it has never bogged down or shut off on me. i used the PBH swap brackets on my fox and all stock 96-04 lines, accumulator, condenser etc....... i did have to modify my evaporator core to SN95 ends but that will not be an issue in a 96

just find the wire for the AC coming out of the dash harness, run it to the high and low pressure switches and then use that to trigger a relay to turn on the compressor. it isnt hard to do at all

I'm planning on doing the same thing in the next month to my fox. I've already got the PBH brackets, AC from a 96+, and motor is arriving on Friday. Do you have any more info on evap core ends? How do you have to wire the relay, this is new to me? I assume the relay does away with the need for the stock computer needed for AC? Any extra info would be helpful, I haven't been able to find much on getting this AC to work.

Users who are viewing this thread