Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMChrisRose

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K920Kxq3eLY"]YouTube - Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview[/nomedia]

Check out this preview of the new "Ghost Cams" custom tune from Bama Custom Tuning at AmericanMuscle.com. Want your 2011 Mustang GT to sound like it's got aftermarket cams? Simply give the Bama team a call and they'll hook you up!

*This will not be available for another week or so!

- Currently only works on 2011-2012 Mustang GTs
- Will not increase or decrease Performance and is strictly for sound

Bama Custom Tuning 888.226.9764 | Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
haha remember when I hit you up late last year about this? Its nice to see it finally hitting the market. I actually just got a retune a few days ago for an offroad H and put that I would like to try a lopey tune if you had one.

Can I assume this will be available for the tune for life crowd?

flamed03vert

Established Member
It's a neat idea, but wouldn't rate right next to having a fake blow off for a non-turbo car? It's like reverse sleeper...

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Very Nice! Might have to try this out when I end up ordering my parts.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's a neat idea, but wouldn't rate right next to having a fake blow off for a non-turbo car? It's like reverse sleeper...

This has been covered, save the drama for your mama and slither your cobra to your own forum... haters gonna hate but a car that uses an intake, tune, gear and tire netting 11's with cam sound isnt fake... if it sounds mean and moves out mean... well it must be mean then... also the cams are factory and if they can sound like that how is it fake....

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member

Yea, a 400+ rwhp sleeper... :shrug:

I'm leaning towards the "fake performance" crowd, but how can you really go there when the car will beat/keep up with pretty much anything that rolls up on it in the first place.

I see this as a novelty modification for things like car shows and mustangweek when you want to look cool... I would probably never rock this at an NMRA event or anything of the sort, lol.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member

How is it any different than putting on axle-backs?

You aren't getting any performance gains. Just the sound of a race car.

As long as the person doesn't lie about it being just a tune.

I will never understand why people are so obsessed about what other people do to their cars.

ViciousJay

Established Member
How is it any different than putting on axle-backs?

You aren't getting any performance gains. Just the sound of a race car.

As long as the person doesn't lie about it being just a tune.

I will never understand why people are so obsessed about what other people do to their cars.

maybe that guy forgot about people JB welding the silencers on the eatons.... :lol1:

AMChrisRose

Hahah... I mean, the lift of the stock cams is actually decent and the car comes from the factory with this power. A cam upgrade, such as the Boss cams, if really much more aggressive, will need springs/retainers. This is a perfect option for those who think the car already has enough power with just a CAI/Tune, but want the sound of the cam.

acrbill

Established Member
I would relate this to someone putting a BOV on a turbo car. It already has the turbo, you are just making everyone else aware of it. LOL

I am definitely going to give it a try.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Sounds cool to me! I was wondering if they could do that with the cams. As long as it doesn't effect gas mileage or negatively effect performance, I'm down. I believe the new boss has a lopey idle tune as well from the factory in stock form.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Sounds cool to me! I was wondering if they could do that with the cams. As long as it doesn't effect gas mileage or negatively effect performance, I'm down. I believe the new boss has a lopey idle tune as well from the factory in stock form.

it messes with the gas for sure, but honestly who cares

acrbill

Established Member
I'm going to be in the Philly area next week on business. Perhaps I will stop by and check this tune out in person.

flamed03vert

Established Member

I doesn't effect me one bit what you do to your car. I asked a simple question, and I voiced an opinion. If you put fake cam lope into your cars tune so be it.

99redmustang

Established Member
I know this is a fairly new product but are there any issues with getting a CEL, any issues when at idle or at a stop, drivability? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread