Girl arrested for using a knife to cut food at school

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
So, we are arresting 5th graders now for doing nothing? The fact that she was arrested and charged at all really makes me want to kick some people in the head. Yet another reason why my kids will be sent to a private school of my choosing , and educated in the way that I want them educated.

-Jeff

ModMike1572

Established Member
They could have just called her parents instead of arresting her.....

Btw, what kind of parent gives their 10 year old daughter a steak knife to carry to school, seems kind of dangerous.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
This is ludicrous! So what about the kids that use forks during lunch? They should arrest the whole school and charge them all.... WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So, we are arresting 5th graders now for doing nothing? The fact that she was arrested and charged at all really makes me want to kick some people in the head. Yet another reason why my kids will be sent to a private school of my choosing , and educated in the way that I want them educated.

-Jeff

That's why we need a voucher system.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
This country is so screwed up.. WTF...

All they needed to do was take the steak knife and explain to her that it isn't allowed in the shcool. And then send a letter home with her explaining the situation.

Last edited:

ogbatman

Established Member
But the funny thing is they never offered any alternative to her eating the steak.

If I was a teacher I would have cut the steak for her and told her I will keep the knife and that she would need to have her parents come pick it up. Simple solution.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
This is freakin' insane...

The No-tolerance bullshit has to go. I had a friend of mine (kinda nerdy) that had a pair of small fingernail clippers on him. He was suspended too (this was in '01)

Quote from the article:
"She did not use it inappropriately. She did not threaten anyone with it. She didn't pull it out and brandish it. Nothing of that nature," explained Marion County School Spokesman Kevin Christian

This country is so screwed up.. WTF...

All they needed to do was take the steak knife and explain to her that it isn't allowed in the shcool. And then send a letter home with her explaining the situation.

You're wrong. Thats just too rational and logical to do. I'm surprised that a police officer didn't have a gun pointed at the kid as they were about to cuff the child. :nonono:

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I'd love to hear that 9-1-1 call... :nonono:

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'm the principal at Clueless Elementary School, and I'm observing little Suzie cutting her food with some sort of sharp instrument. I think it's a shiv!!! OMG! Please help us!"

"Can you describe it?"

Yes. It's about 4 inches long, serrated, and has a wooden handle.

"Hmm...it sounds like a steak knife."

"Well, it might be, but it looks like something Crocodile Dundee would carry. Please send someone over here. I think a sniper can get a clear head shot at her from behind the milk cart if you hurry. Oh god, I think I just wet my pants!"

"OK, remain calm. We're sending 3 cruisers over now. If she makes a break for it on her bicycle, we'll get some stop sticks down."

Users who are viewing this thread