GMP 93 Cobra R

#1pony

Established Member
I just preordered my 93 Cobra R from GMP. They said they are only making 1000 of these and it has not been put on thier website yet. They have about 850 left. It is the same price as the 93 Cobra.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
#1pony said:
I just preordered my 93 Cobra R from GMP. They said they are only making 1000 of these and it has not been put on thier website yet. They have about 850 left. It is the same price as the 93 Cobra.

Did you call GMP or did you preorder from a website ?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Ohhhhhhhhhh...... me needs one of those. Where/How do we preorder one of these?

#1pony

Established Member
cobra1993svt said:
I dont see them on the website. Where are they? Do you have to go somewhere special?Thanks

Sorry about that. You need to call them and pre order over the phone. They haven't been posted on the website yet but I imagine when they do they will sell really fast.

93 COBRA

Established Member
Just called GMP and preordered 2.

FYI - The lady that took my order said they should be receiving them sometime in June.

vcmoore

Established Member
Two years ago, John McBride from GMP contacted me about my 93 R to use as a reference. I'm glad to hear they're finally becoming available.

1993R

Established Member
Carlton I ended up working with John on the car. We took numerous photos on two different dates. I saw the final protoype about 4 weeks ago.The car looks great. I drove the R over to GMP for the final check so they could look at the final protoype and against the real deal.

rogerb

Established Member
I go to the SEMA show every year in Vegas. I always ask them when are they going to produce more Mustangs. I got to talking to this guy Carl I think was his name. We also e-mailed a lot and he asked me for a complete list of Mustangs that I as a mustang enthusiast as well as die-cast car collector would like to see. I based all of these on the fox body mold so there would be less down time and more profitable for GMP. I must have had over 30 cars on the list. I'm not tooting my horn but the cobra's were the first ones on the list. I'm not saying I'm the one who made it happen... I also suggested all of the summer editions, yellow, white and red. 7 up car and several saleen models. I think GMP is a very nice quality piece. My collection has over grown so now I only buy high end nice Mustng stuff, mostly Auto Art and GMP... I have over 200 cars ion plexi glass cases all over the walls in my office.. Hopefully GMP has the list I made some two years ago, as well as other who may have sent in a request list and they keep these beautiful cars coming... Roger

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I think that it's great to see '93 Cobra stuff for a change. I know that not long after I bought my '93 Cobra new the market was gearing up for the much hyped new SN-95 models for '94. You could buy '94 Mustang stuff everywhere for years but the '93 Cobra crowd was left out in the cold all forgotten with nothing more than a 1/18th scale platic model (which I never got around to putting together...LOL).

blown...

93 COBRA

Established Member
It's coming! Received an email update from GMP.

r%20model%20copy.jpg

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
Here ya go guys - couple teaser shots of the "R"!

Just to let y'all know, the models are "on the water" from China and will be here soon. It's absolutely crazy the phone calls we've been getting on these cars. It's almost like a frenzy! Collectors and enthusiasts are blown away that we're making this car. We are at about 300 pre-ordered already. This is by no means is it a "slap some wheels on and take out the seats" model. Steering cooler, de-gas system properly plumbed, no power options, radio delete, etc. are just a few of the details.
We're very excited about this model and have put in an order for 2 myself. We are only making 1000 factory built style Rs and that's it ever. These will be highly collectible just like the real deal. Here's a couple sneak pics.

GMP would also like to give a special thanks to Larry(1993R) and family for all the help they gave GMP in developing the 1:18 1993 Mustang Cobra R. Larry was very knowledgable about the R and all the unique details about this special car. He also has a super nice example of an R model and isn't afraid to use it for what it was intended. It is more than likely that we might not have made the R if it wasn't for Larry. Sometimes cars like these are very hard to find but being that he owned an R and lived a couple miles from GMP it was a blessing! Thanks!

attachment.php

John

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Are the pictures working for anyone? I'm getting some "x"'s

John - Any chance those of us with real 93R's could get our car #?

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
Sorry about the linked photos not working. They were working when I posted initially. Here's a link to the new pics of the R on the site. If anybody could post pics for me I could email them. I'd love to get in contact with a moderator for this site and see if we could work in conjunction with the site for a review on the model.

1993 Mustang Cobra R

As far as getting a number of their car, we'd love to do it but just don't have the manpower in our warehouse. We have one guy who ships ALL of our orders to individual customers as well as our dealers.

John

Last edited:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
JOHNNY----Why can't you guys hold cars 1-107 at your warehouse so US owner's of the real cars could e-mail you!!!! I had to order two, to be able to have trading power for #79.......I'am sure somebody close by would be willing to help, but if it means that I have to fly from CALIFORNIA to GEORGIA, I'am willing to do that also!!!!! MARK

Users who are viewing this thread