Goin different than some: My ported eaton/E85/n20 build!

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Well as a majority of us want to do with our cars, we want to make big power! I want to do the same, except I dont want to go the "normal" route most do buy just slapping on a twin screw and calling it good. I decided to stray away from the pack, so to speak, and do a ported eaton build with E85 and eventually Nitrous!

As of right now I'm just gathering up the parts to put on the car, as it sits my car is just a basic bolt on car with a 2.76 upper. Best Dyno was 452/481

So far, that parts I have gathered are as follows:

SCT2400 MAF
(ordering soon) Lethals budget Return style fuel kit
80lb Injectors
Steig Stage 3 ported eaton
Metco 8lb lower pulley setup (probably going to go with 3.2 BF upper)

I had a SCT3000 but my friend just went with a 2.3 Whipple w/ E85 and he was pegging his MAF so we traded since he needed it and I wont be making quite as much power as him (for now :-D )

What do you guys think I will make for power? Im bringing my car down this Friday to Extreme Performance/Vindictive Motorsports to get a compression check done and have my whole car looked over so I know Ill be okay to go ahead with the new setup. My car has 98k miles and has shot out 2 spark plugs (cylinders 3 and 1) so im worried about blowing any more out, so I will be on the hunt for some new heads, preferably the Jan 05 heads with 9 thread spark plug and better coolant passages, but they go for ~$2200 which I really dont have right now, and im sure I will eventually need to throw in some fresh internals but hope this setup will last me for now.

It is currently my DD which I HATE, so until then I will probably have a pump gas tune on it until I can find a cheap beater to drive during the week and then I can get int retuned for E85 as my mileage will go WAAAY down!

I will keep everyone updated as I make progress and as a few people at the shop predict on spray I should be a tad over 700rwhp which would be AWESOME, but for now, it will be a ported/e85 car until funds allow otherwise! :banana::rockon::beer:

My goal is to be the highest HP stock eaton cobra in the state, not sure who currently holds that but it is a good goal to shoot for and would love to see the poeples faces that I race with either twin screws on pump or etc. when I tell them "oh, im just still on the stock eaton...*troll face*"

Last edited:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Pic of the Stage 3 eaton I painted that I will be swapping on
eaton.jpg

snakejake

Established Member
I kind of went the same route you did. I was going to go with an E85 tune but decided to hold off and see how everything works out with the current set up. See my sig. Mine should be completed this weekend if all goes as planned. Where are you at in AZ? Ever go to the Pavillions?

derockgt

Established Member
I kind of went the same route you did. I was going to go with an E85 tune but decided to hold off and see how everything works out with the current set up. See my sig. Mine should be completed this weekend if all goes as planned. Where are you at in AZ? Ever go to the Pavillions?

i go there all the time. usually roll up there with my buddy in a gt500 and a redfire cobra. i dont think ive seen your car up there. and ive been thinking about just going e85 pullied with no port till i can save for a TS.

snakejake

Established Member
i go there all the time. usually roll up there with my buddy in a gt500 and a redfire cobra. i dont think ive seen your car up there. and ive been thinking about just going e85 pullied with no port till i can save for a TS.

It's been probably about 4 years or so since I have been up there. I was always there early and not a whole lot was going on. If I am correct, I believe this Saturday is Mustang night. What time do you usually roll in? If all goes as planned this weekend, I might head up there.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
If u race a big twin screw like certain someone, u will need a 200shot / ported blower recipe , not sure how long the block will hold ..I was at your shoes once , wanted to squeeze every single HP out of my eaton but they reach their limits of efficiency..With a twinscrew you will never have to worry about bottle pressure , refill UPS , blah blah .. :beer:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member

Yeah man I'm usually always up there, can't miss me, I'm like one of the only Mineral Grey cobras in the state and I have a black license plate that says "SLOSVT" with the punisher logo over the cardinals logo. Lol

WildFifty

Established Member
I'm curious to see what the stage 3 port with e85 puts out.

i have a very similar setup, cept for a 4lb lower and 2.8 upper.

Same maf, same injectors, same port

Good luck with the build.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I am doing the same. Currently looking for a Big Air MAF. Looks like they have changed the sizes they make over the years. I have seen 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, and of course the 5000 slot style. I am wondering which one will work best with a ported, 4lb, 2,76, e85 setup. I have heard of guys having problems with the bigger ones.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm curious to see what the stage 3 port with e85 puts out.

i have a very similar setup, cept for a 4lb lower and 2.8 upper.

Same maf, same injectors, same port

Good luck with the build.

I have a POSI Ported Eaton with E85....549 rwhp~570 rwtq corrected .... I've run a 10.99 with a full weight IRS-T56, and I've seen 133.45 mph!! :burnout:

b_dike

Established Member
My goal is to be the highest HP stock eaton cobra in the state, not sure who currently holds that but it is a good goal to shoot for and would love to see the poeples faces that I race with either twin screws on pump or etc. when I tell them "oh, im just still on the stock eaton...*troll face*"[/QUOTE]

Not sure it counts as a stock Eaton once it's ported... just sayn, but good luck to ya. I like your plans to stay with the Eaton. I'd like to keep mine aswell and make 550rwhp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread