Going 2.9 whipple and have some questions...

holiks03cobra

Established Member
What is the best pulley combo and plug gap for this blower? I have a 4lb lower. I have stock fuel rails, should I go with something else? I will be on e85 and want to make over 700rwhp. Mods in my sig and if you have any other advice please share it. Thanks

Last edited:

04cobraken

Established Member
Pretty sure you will need after market fuel rails for your power goals but someone with more knowledge than myself can tell you for sure. I have the Whipple 2.9 with after market Fore fuel rails. I am running a 3.5 upper and 2 lb lower making 20.5 psi. Can't wait to turn it up to 24-25 psi though!! Good luck!

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Pretty sure you will need after market fuel rails for your power goals but someone with more knowledge than myself can tell you for sure. I have the Whipple 2.9 with after market Fore fuel rails. I am running a 3.5 upper and 2 lb lower making 20.5 psi. Can't wait to turn it up to 24-25 psi though!! Good luck!

Thanks! I was making 21-23lbs on my 2.3 with stock rails. I may just order some just to be on the safe side. Yeah I'd like to be in the 23-25 range as well.

Crusher9008

Established Member
What is the best pulley combo and plug gap for this blower? I have a 4lb lower. I have stock fuel rails, should I go with something else? I will be on e85 and want to make over 700rwhp. Mods in my sig and if you have any other advice please share it. Thanks

IMO the standard 3.5 upper that comes with the 2.9 is sufficient with your #4 lower. As stated above the stock fuel rails may be ok but I would upgrade. Gap on E85, I would recomend .028. I say all of this because this is exactly my set-up. I run about #22-23 lbs of boost and I was at 734rwhp through the T56 and I'm running 683rwhp through my 4R75 Auto.

Hope this helps!!!

holiks03cobra

Established Member
IMO the standard 3.5 upper that comes with the 2.9 is sufficient with your #4 lower. As stated above the stock fuel rails may be ok but I would upgrade. Gap on E85, I would recomend .028. I say all of this because this is exactly my set-up. I run about #22-23 lbs of boost and I was at 734rwhp through the T56 and I'm running 683rwhp through my 4R75 Auto.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks! I'll most likely get new rails. How much boost would a 3.00/4lb pulley combo get? I have long tubes.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thanks! I'll most likely get new rails. How much boost would a 3.00/4lb pulley combo get? I have long tubes.

Guy I know running that combo with a 2.9 and long tubes is making 25#. Also would definitely say add aftermarket rails. My tuner has said I need to add them just to go e85\bigger boost with my 2.3

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
IMO, skip the Siemen Deka 80's and go with either Injector Dynamics, or Deatschwerks. Both are modified Bosch injectors. You don't want to cheap out on injectors, they're too critical at these power levels.

Users who are viewing this thread