Going E85 with ported and pullied Eaton on 03 Cobra. Some questions??

beastmar

Established Member
I've been doing my research and it would seem that I could get away with (2) Improved Ford GT pumps and injectors with my current mods shown in my signature. One thing I am unsure of, will I require a modded FPDM (from Black306) or will my BAP suffice? I do not plan on upgrading to a TVS anytime and IF I do, it'll be a VMP, then I would consider going return. Thanks SVTP!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Need a modded FPDM or a Dual setup. I was able to source the parts from a junk yard for <50 including the second FPDM. The FGT pumps draw too much current for a stock single. Actually I'm about to pull mine out and go return if your interested. Also when I went to E85 with a Posi Eaton 60s weren't really cutting it. The stock line seems to start to become a bit of a restriction too.

beastmar

Established Member
I plan on getting 80lb injectors. How do you even wire up the other FPDM? Am I just to splice into the connector at the existing FPDM? Would you say your car ran fine on the stock fuel line? Or were you hindering some power because of it?

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I plan on getting 80lb injectors. How do you even wire up the other FPDM? Am I just to splice into the connector at the existing FPDM? Would you say your car ran fine on the stock fuel line? Or were you hindering some power because of it?

Talk to black306, he will set you up with a harness & relay. You need to run another pair of wires to the hat (there's write-up) so each pump has it's own circuit, for a dual FPDM setup.

Edit: my 60's aren't maxed on my steggy port, but the Posi flows better. The stock line is the bottleneck if swapping blowers, and going return is the best option at that point.

beastmar

Established Member
Talk to black306, he will set you up with a harness & relay. You need to run another pair of wires to the hat (there's write-up) so each pump has it's own circuit, for a dual FPDM setup.

Edit: my 60's aren't maxed on my steggy port, but the Posi flows better. The stock line is the bottleneck if swapping blowers, and going return is the best option at that point.

I may just end up buying a modified FPDM to avoid wiring up another FPDM. Are you running 60's with E85?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Going to this sort of "max" returnless setup will likely work with a ported blower and e85, but know that you are pushing it. The flowrate on the stock line is the biggest issue as mentioned, but also the stock filter on that small line was never mean for e85 or for that volume and if the flow drops during WOT you will lean out very quickly. One other thing - 80lb SD injectors are not a quality injector. Do yourself a favor and go with some DeatschWerks injectors instead.

beastmar

Established Member
Going to this sort of "max" returnless setup will likely work with a ported blower and e85, but know that you are pushing it. The flowrate on the stock line is the biggest issue as mentioned, but also the stock filter on that small line was never mean for e85 or for that volume and if the flow drops during WOT you will lean out very quickly. One other thing - 80lb SD injectors are not a quality injector. Do yourself a favor and go with some DeatschWerks injectors instead.

What size are the stock fuel lines? Can I go with an aftermarket filter with some type of adapter from the stock line to the aftermarket fuel filter? How are ford racing injectors? My tuner will not tune with DeatschWerk injectors unforntunately

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

I wouldn't necessarily say 80s aren't quality it's just that they are close if not under their linear flow at idle on 93. On E85 you shouldn't have that issue, obviously something like an ID is better.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
What size are the stock fuel lines? Can I go with an aftermarket filter with some type of adapter from the stock line to the aftermarket fuel filter? How are ford racing injectors? My tuner will not tune with DeatschWerk injectors unforntunately

I believe stock line is -6AN. If you're sticking to the ported setup you'll be fine, just get a dual fpdm setup and tap into the stock hat (or get new hat) with a new pair on wires since you'll be dropping the tank for pumps. You could get a new -8 line with the stock line adapter fittings as this would be the next upgrade you'd need if ever went TS, but at that point you'd want to go return style anyways.

beastmar

Established Member
Got it. Thank you very much. Now I just need to decide if I should stick with my 60's or go 80's for E85. And then if I decide to change them to 80's, then I would need to figure out which brand. Hmmmmm...the finish line is so close for E85!

Rambro

Established Member
I used 80's on a budget return setup with my port so it can be done on the stock feed.

Users who are viewing this thread