Going for a rebuild, teksid time

94slowbra1

Established Member
These are what I’ll be using for the same STD size application. I ordered two sets of mains, using only one from the MB5219 set in order to ‘make’ a one-piece rear main bearing. This was discussed on another site and it sounds like a good idea to do while you’re doing everything else.
Will these work on a teksid block? I found a place that has a few sets.
Thanks
Edit: disregard. I misread the part numbers. I read that modular ford's thread. I found the 5219si but I can't find the other set anywhere. Backorder till June

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
So as stated before, this will not be swift. I ordered some more parts and everything is on back order right now.
I decided on diamond mod2k pistons. While I believe the gibtec is a better piston, for what I'm doing and the price point I didn't see the benefit. I will be right around 10.5:1 with the diamond pistons. A shelf part incase I need another, total seal rings, h13 tool steel wrist pins and rated to 2k hp. Is it the absolute best out there, maybe not, will it work for what I'm doing, absolutely. These are about 4 weeks out right now.
I order king bearings but they have an eta of June, so that sucks. If anybody has a set of mb5281si main bearings I'd gladly pay over retail for them :)
I guess I have some time to clean and rewire some stuff while I waiting for parts

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
So these showed up today, about 5 weeks early. In these covid shipping times I had zero expectation these would be on time much less early. Diamond mod2k 10 over pistons. These things are serious

Attachments

• 20210323_201324.jpg
    20210323_201324.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 152

94slowbra1

Established Member
Think I may have located a set of main bearings, ill believe it when I receive them. Also ordered a 3v windage tray that should be in next week. Talked to the builder today and thinks he may be able to get me in in the next few weeks. Hopefully this is the case. I think I have everything for the bottom end to be built

94slowbra1

Established Member
So im bringing this back. I had a hard time fixing all my parts, you know, covid. And I had an even harder time finding someone to do the work. I had to pick up all my parts from two separate builders and was told by two others that the would get me pricing and I never heard back. Crazy how much people just don't respect others.
Anyway I finally found someone, and I'm glad I did. He does all the maching for a very reputable high performance shop by me. He's only 3 hours away, so no shipping. And the best part is he does everything himself. He's going to build the engine with all my supplied parts from the cams down.
Dropped off everything today. I'm going to hear back from him early next week after he goes over all the parts. Supposed to start maching in about 3 weeks or so then assemble everything.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here, motor is fully built and ready to be picked up. According to builder everything looks brand new and is ready to make big power. Looking at picking it up next Friday. Now I hope I can remember how everything goes back together, it's been so long since I tore it down.
Goal is to have the car ready for cruisin the coast in late October.
Will post pics once I pick it up

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well here we are a year after my last post where I was "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel". Ha, was I wrong. I finally had my inaugural drive today!
Minus car setbacks my family and I have completely uprooted and moved states. Also I bought a business. So needless to say the cobra took the back burner. It wasn't even in the same state as me the last 4 months.
Tuning is still ongoing but it starts, idles and stays alive while driving. Todd's cams sound amazing! Numbers will come later after I break it in and finish tuning it.
Man it felt good to be back in it today. Even picked my boy up from school. His grin was ear to ear as all his buddy's stood there with the jaws hanging low, ha.
I'll update as this progress.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Just read this whole thread. I’m happy for you man! I hope to have mine back on the road soon also with a built motor that’s been a process

94slowbra1

Established Member
Thanks brother. It's been a long road for sure. Time and money, along with life. I'm hoping to enjoy it this fall

MG0h3

Established Member
Didn’t read through all this but if I recall you have a DSG vert with a race bronco hood? Hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
Completed engine bay, for now at least. Clean and simple was the goal here. Got rid of everything i didnt need or use (abs, cruise control, a/c ect...). Put this big girl on a diet however possible (teksid block, MM k/member, smaller expansion tank, battery in the trunk).
So far she runs good, not great. Have a dyno appt at XXX motorsports in Pensacola next week. Brad comes highly recommended so hopefully he can get it dialed in. Biggest limiting factor will be the ID 1050x. I assume these will be maxed out with the current boost/pulley configuration. Time will tell.
Putting the break in miles on it has been awesome. 2 years away makes you appreciate these cars.

Attachments

• 20221103_140150_copy_3024x2268_1.jpg
    20221103_140150_copy_3024x2268_1.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 62

GoGreen04

Established Member
Man it is looking great, hopefully they dial it in! Check out Harpell Auto fab for power steering tank and a few other engine bay things that can really clean things up further. Looking forward to hearing how your tuning session goes on it.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I sent Harpell an email. If his p/s tank is factory dimensions I'll pick one up. With the return line to the j2fab i/c tank I could not fit the moroso tank so I switched back to factory to get the car back on the road. Also I'd love one of his radiator covers if be can make one without the hood latch cut out

Attachments

• 20220123_195429_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    20220123_195429_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread