Going to an Agent 47 SLA

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
so wait,
those are the same wheels you had prior to the sla, correct? (black ccw classics)
and you were running 10.5 inch wheels all around with the macpherson setup correct?
it looks like your fronts are peeking out a bit but have acceptable fitment
it would be very cool to rn 10.5s all around on a stang :banana:

racebronco2

Established Member
so wait,
those are the same wheels you had prior to the sla, correct? (black ccw classics)
and you were running 10.5 inch wheels all around with the macpherson setup correct?
it looks like your fronts are peeking out a bit but have acceptable fitment
it would be very cool to rn 10.5s all around on a stang :banana:

yes
yes

the fronts are sticking out a little but the improvement in cornering is about 3-4 seconds the two tracks i have been to lately. If i only had the 315's in the rear the car would push but would put power down sooner but that would make it push even more on exit.

racebronco2

Established Member
1-5-07

This saturday i was at the streets of willow witha few adjustments (more rear camber and softer setting on shocks). I was running on street tires
(275's mx's) and beat my previous times on 315 victor racers ( 1:30.2 vs 1:30.3). This was cw at the streets of willow. :banana:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
This saturday i was at the streets of willow witha few adjustments (more rear camber and softer setting on shocks). I was running on street tires
(275's mx's) and beat my previous times on 315 victor racers ( 1:30.2 vs 1:30.3). This was cw at the streets of willow. :banana:

You think those would be better street tires than say the Falken RT-615, Dunlop Direzza Z1 or the Bridgestone RE01-R?

Great job btw.

racebronco2

Established Member
The rt-615's i heard are better then the mx's but they do tend to get too hot for open tracking on warm days. Don't know about the others.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
The rt-615's i heard are better then the mx's but they do tend to get too hot for open tracking on warm days. Don't know about the others.

Better in what way, Carlos?

I ask because I'm replacing my old, worn out BFG KD's with new street tires (only for dry street driving), and am considering these:

Komho Ecsta MX (UTQG-220, tread 9/32, $141)

Falkin Azenis RT-615 (UTQG-200, tread 8/32, $151)

Nitto 555R II (UTQG-100, tread 6/32, $186)

Nitto NT-01 (UTQG-100, tread 6/32, $141)

Comparing them all to my standard BFG KD, which I've had 2 sets of, and really like, but are kinda pricey.

BFGoodrich (UTQG-200, tread 9/32, $255)

For the track I have 2 sets of Proxie RA1s, shaved for dry and full tread for wet.

racebronco2

Established Member
Better in what way, Carlos?

I ask because I'm replacing my old, worn out BFG KD's with new street tires (only for dry street driving), and am considering these:

Komho Ecsta MX (UTQG-220, tread 9/32, $141)

Falkin Azenis RT-615 (UTQG-200, tread 8/32, $151)

Nitto 555R II (UTQG-100, tread 6/32, $186)

Nitto NT-01 (UTQG-100, tread 6/32, $141)

Comparing them all to my standard BFG KD, which I've had 2 sets of, and really like, but are kinda pricey.

BFGoodrich (UTQG-200, tread 9/32, $255)

For the track I have 2 sets of Proxie RA1s, shaved for dry and full tread for wet.

They have better grip. The work better at a lower temp. They get up to operating temps faster but at a cost of possibly overheatting. Usually at the autox you need to wet them down cause after the 2nd run they tend to get greasy (practice or 2 driver). With just one driver on a champoinship day there is plenty of time for them to cool down between runs.

Nt-01 will not last many track events before the tread wear down so that it is almost a slick. They are not as good as the v710's but they are a little cheaper and you can drive on them wmen they are new.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
They have better grip. The work better at a lower temp. They get up to operating temps faster but at a cost of possibly overheatting. Usually at the autox you need to wet them down cause after the 2nd run they tend to get greasy (practice or 2 driver). With just one driver on a champoinship day there is plenty of time for them to cool down between runs.

Nt-01 will not last many track events before the tread wear down so that it is almost a slick. They are not as good as the v710's but they are a little cheaper and you can drive on them wmen they are new.

That makes the Falkin sound better for my purposes than the Kumho, as these tires will only see the street when I'm driving around. I'm not sure if an R compound (Nitto) on the street is asking for trouble.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
That makes the Falkin sound better for my purposes than the Kumho, as these tires will only see the street when I'm driving around. I'm not sure if an R compound (Nitto) on the street is asking for trouble.

I drove my NT01s on the street with no problems, but after 4 track days, the tread on the front was worn and their street days were over.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member

I have the Falken 615's now and so far I am very impressed with them. There isn't all that much road noise and hardly any "rut-following"

BlackStripes

Established Member
I've used MX's and Azenis.

For me, my car and my driving style; they are barely in the same class, the 615's are way faster.

The set i have now are almost 3 years old and they still have decent grip, but when they get hot, its time take it easy. I don't mind it because never fails... i mean, NEVER when they don't have much grip, i have only 1 or 2 laps left in the session, not too bad :burnout:

Oh btw, I wouldn't drive R's on the street, you are gonna add heat cycles for no reason, and will get expensive; our cars are heavy!! You can get away with a 2500lbs car.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
gt500 super snake

I was at shelby's 85th b-day (friday night). They unveiled the gt500kr, what a beatiful car. Many famous guest speakers. Team shelby members caravanned from los angeles to las vegas, 110 cars in all. They had a camera car along with them. From the sky they had a helicopter also filming.

On saturday we has an open track inside of las vegas speedway. I had a few students but we were told that if we want to out on track make sure you have a passenger(we had to be on our best behavior). I had a passenger in my car when the gt500ss(don't know if it was the 600hp or 700hp model)was catching me. On the front straight i thought he would blow right past me but i had to lift to allow him to pass. I could keep up but i had to drive on the edge with the car sliding around a little (a couple of 4 wheel slides, and the rear stepping out a few times but never plowing) . On the straight we were about even. I could not drive any faster where as he was not driving on the edge. The car sure sounded sweet.

Last edited:

racer

Established Member
I was at shelby's 85th b-day (friday night). They unveiled the gt500kr, what a beatiful car. Many famous guest speakers. Team shelby members caravanned from los angeles to las vegas, 110 cars in all. They had a camera car along with them. From the sky they had a helicopter also filming.

On saturday we has an open track inside of las vegas speedway. I had a few students but we were told that if we want to out on track make sure you have a passenger(we had to be on our best behavior). I had a passenger in my car when the gt500ss(don't know if it was the 600hp or 700hp model)was catching me. On the front straight i thought he would blow right past me but i had to lift to allow him to pass. I could keep up but i had to drive on the edge with the car sliding around a little (a couple of 4 wheel slides, and the rear stepping out a few times but never plowing) . On the straight we were about even. I could not drive any faster where as he was not driving on the edge. The car sure sounded sweet.

Very cool, that must have been fun.

racebronco2

Established Member
I borrowed a Longacre camber/caster gauge and took measurements
neg. camber
2" droop .04
1" droop 1.2
ride height 2.2
1" comp. 3.8
2" comp. 4.8

As soon as i can get some bumpsteer plates i will post those measurements also.

Users who are viewing this thread