Going to look at SHO's this weekend

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So the wife is finally getting a company van, so we can unload the Kia. We will be testing a 2011 White Platinum with 402a, Nav, and 20" wheels(option). It stickers for $45,145. They've emailed me a price of $38,265 after the $2K in rebates and their discount.

The other vehicle is a Ingot Silver with 402a, SHO performance pack, Nav, and multi contoured seats. It stickers at $45,535. They've got a sale tag on it of $38,835 after all rebates.

I'm leaning towards the silver car because of the SHO PP and the multi-countered seats. The wife likes the Platinum White. Are the prices I'm looking at on these pretty good or do you think there is more room? My wife can get Xplan through her work, but I'm wondering if this is a better price?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
X-Plan is probably close to the same price. We have one just like the Silver one you listed and love it. I drove it the other day and my wife had not reset the gas mileage gage for a while but it was sitting on 22.8mpg. I'm sure it might be off a hair if you do it manually but that's flat out impressive.

redline

Established Member
X-Plan is probably close to the same price. We have one just like the Silver one you listed and love it. I drove it the other day and my wife had not reset the gas mileage gage for a while but it was sitting on 22.8mpg. I'm sure it might be off a hair if you do it manually but that's flat out impressive.

i bought a white one today with x plan pricing 39343. sticker was 46120.

redline

Established Member
online there are 2000 in rebates, what did you get the other 750 for? Every little bit helps.:banana:

i think it was from buying a car ie 5.0 a months earlier . not real sure the sales guy asked my name and address and the ford system said i got extra 750 off.i didnt ask too much i was tickled pink .i was like who cares .just keep discounting the sticker.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
We ended up buying the white SHO on Saturday. Got 9500 trade on her 10 Kia Soul with 59K miles. I'll post pics on Sunday.:banana:

bucolic

Established Member
Had to trade in the GT for a bigger back seat? Just curious...

I like the SHO as a family sedan. I'm comparing it to a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 or 5.0, just slightly used (~10K) they're in the low thirites.

I like big sedans, a better family man driver's option than an SUV too.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

I like the SHO as a family sedan. I'm comparing it to a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 or 5.0, just slightly used (~10K) they're in the low thirites.

Love the SHO! With a tune you can add 60hp as well. For 30k its one hell of a car. Just wish they built it in a smaller platform.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Love the SHO! With a tune you can add 60hp as well. For 30k its one hell of a car. Just wish they built it in a smaller platform.

For how big it looks on the outside, I was surprised how small the inside was. Not a very good use of space IMO. I am larger than most though.

bucolic

Established Member
I had heard that too about the lack of space inside despite being a big car.

The Genesis might handle a bit better since it's lighter (not much), though Ford as been making strides in handling lately on all their cars...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

SHO's are the way to go if you want a large performance sedan and cant afford AMG. Wife's tune/cai only non pp car is consistent 13.1's, plenty enough to dispatch most stock Camaro's, mustangs, and definitely anything Hyundai.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I had heard that too about the lack of space inside despite being a big car.

The Genesis might handle a bit better since it's lighter (not much), though Ford as been making strides in handling lately on all their cars...

From what I've seen of the Genesis, it is a softer version of an Eclass/5 series. I don't think handling is its ultimate goal, it's trying to steal luxury customers. However if I'm shopping MB or BMW, a Korean make isn't on my mind.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
For how big it looks on the outside, I was surprised how small the inside was. Not a very good use of space IMO. I am larger than most though.

I agree, definitely not the place to go. If your going to make a big car on the outside it should feel big on the inside as well.

Ford did this with the mustang as well in 04, they made the car bigger but to me the interior space felt the same. Why in the world would they make car/s bigger and heavier only to keep interior space the same?:bash:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don't find the interior space to be small. Seems fairly large to me, but the car overall is very large. Took the wife and kids to Disney from new Orleans, 11 hours each way. Very comfortable, not cramped and no fighting between the two boys the entire time. Got 25mpg on the trip at 80 mph. It really is a great car. In its price range there is really not much out there.

OP, I would also consider a used G8GT if you're into performance. Much better than a Hyundai.

Users who are viewing this thread