Golf club opinions

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I was looking into getting some new clubs and I was thinking about the Taylormade Rocketbladez. Anyone ever used these? I currently have the Taylormade Rac from like 10 years ago. I'm about a 12 handicap.

Input on other clubs is welcomed. I have a Ping G20 driver that I love. So I'm just interested in input for iron sets. Thanks!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I was looking into getting some new clubs and I was thinking about the Taylormade Rocketbladez. Anyone ever used these? I currently have the Taylormade Rac from like 10 years ago. I'm about a 12 handicap.

Input on other clubs is welcomed. I have a Ping G20 driver that I love. So I'm just interested in input for iron sets. Thanks!

I'd say go to your local driving range and try out a few sets... I've got a cheaper set of Taylormades that I can rock out with, but when I tried my buddies set of X22's I was garbage.

u n v kenny

Established Member
^^^^ I have X22's and they're amazing. However, I want to steer away from the cavity backs and get more into the forged sets

stangliter04

Established Member
Try a bunch out. I just bought my first new set and went with the PING G25s and they are great! I liked that they serialized all my clubs and keep a record so if I ever lose one or damage it they can replace it with all my custom specs (I had to have mine extended over an inch)

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i played Titleist blades 690 mb to be exact. love them to death. Driver is 909 D3 with fubuki shaft and woods are 909 as well with vokey wedges and scotty cameron circa 62 putter. dont keep a handicap but if i shot over 80 anywhere im not happy lol Titleist is what i will always play man but i have friends that play taylormade and love them so its all personal preference

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Golf clubs are another very personal preference item. That being said, I'm swinging nike victory red half cavity (or whatever they call the middles). Had them about two years and love them. I worked at some really nice courses in college and still maintain many connections at courses so I've demoed a lot of different clubs. Of the newer sets, the taylor made rbs are the only set I would take over mine. They truly are a "swing and feel the difference" type iron.

That being said, I am def no pro (15-20 hc). That is just my opinion. A lot of golfsmiths have a virtual swing booth. Its not as good as a range, but they ll have every iron available.

Edit: if you can demo them for an entire round, that is the way to go. Whatever you decide, get those puppies custom fitted.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You are a 12 handicap, you should know the procedure on buying new clubs haha.

All I have to say is stay away from the hybrid long irons. I like my 'fatback' 5 and 6 iron, but the 3 and 4 are almost like fairway woods and I can't hit them very consistently.

I'll probably pick up a new set sometime soon as well since my fiance is really getting interested in golf and we're playing a lot more.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just bought a new set of Callaways, they felt better than the Taylor Mades!

Bad Chariot

Established Member
^^^^ I have X22's and they're amazing. However, I want to steer away from the cavity backs and get more into the forged sets[/QUOTE]

Kenny,

Please box up your clubs, bring them to Golfsmith and quit the game! That is the dumbest line I ever heard! :bash:

Forged vs. Cast clubs have NOTHING to do with head design. An iron is classified 2 ways, a muscle back aka blade or a cavity back. A forged iron talks about the manufacturing of the clubs, they produce a softer feel. The top companies use a 1020 carbon steel for a real soft feel. 8620 Carbon is used in several top cast clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread