good deal on springs?

D.T.R

Established Member
I put these on last saturday i believe. They ride like stock...
They dropped about what is advertised... 1 inch on the front and 1.5 on the back.
Now question, do you guys hear/feel like a lil noise when going over bumps? is that normal?

saunupe1911

Established Member
I put these on last saturday i believe. They ride like stock...
They dropped about what is advertised... 1 inch on the front and 1.5 on the back.
Now question, do you guys hear/feel like a lil noise when going over bumps? is that normal?

See I know I'm not crazy. I describe the same thing in another thread.

D.T.R

Established Member
Also, the rear springs... I hope I didn't put them in backwards.. I put them on with the writing up, like if you look at them once installed you can read "Roush/Eibach" etc

acrbill

Established Member
I no longer see these springs on ebay. If you are looking for a killer deal on springs that actually offer a nice drop check out autoanything.com. They currently have a 15% and free shipping promo. I got a set of Sportlines for $206 shipped.

saunupe1911

Established Member
I no longer see these springs on ebay. If you are looking for a killer deal on springs that actually offer a nice drop check out autoanything.com. They currently have a 15% and free shipping promo. I got a set of Sportlines for $206 shipped.

That's where I got my Koni STR.Ts from...shipped for $336. They should be even less now because I got a 10% discount. I've got to call and get reimbursed for the difference since they have a 1 year low price policy. Their prices have to be putting people out of business. I bet Sam Strano is pissed.

kingnut

Established Member

thanks for the info.

faztcobra

Established Member
That's where I got my Koni STR.Ts from...shipped for $336. They should be even less now because I got a 10% discount. I've got to call and get reimbursed for the difference since they have a 1 year low price policy. Their prices have to be putting people out of business. I bet Sam Strano is pissed.
It's just business. Any not everyone shops around. And different deals at different times. I got my STR.Ts from AutoAnything, but used a 15% off code and they were $319 or $317 shipped, I don't remember now. But for those of us who have the time/desire to find the best deal, it pays to look around. I got all mine on yesterday...these springs/STR.Ts/BMR adj panhard/GT500 mounts/camber bolts and I love the ride. The car feels buttoned down. No body roll. Excellent ride. Quite happy I did this. Drop in the front is perfect. My only dislike would be the drop of the rear. I hope when it settles, it comes down at least another 1/4 inch.

D.T.R

Established Member
^^ are we supposed to run GT500 mounts with any lowering springs?
Also, what springs are you running?
I like these Eibach/Roush/DUB springs... the car feels more grippy around turns..

saunupe1911

Established Member
It's just business. Any not everyone shops around. And different deals at different times. I got my STR.Ts from AutoAnything, but used a 15% off code and they were $319 or $317 shipped, I don't remember now. But for those of us who have the time/desire to find the best deal, it pays to look around. I got all mine on yesterday...these springs/STR.Ts/BMR adj panhard/GT500 mounts/camber bolts and I love the ride. The car feels buttoned down. No body roll. Excellent ride. Quite happy I did this. Drop in the front is perfect. My only dislike would be the drop of the rear. I hope when it settles, it comes down at least another 1/4 inch.

Who did the spring/strut install for you and who did your alignment? My Eibach camber bolts came in this week and the springs should be settled. My shop, HPP Racing, recommended the Christian Brothers off of I-35 up Denton.

The rear height is 28 3/4 to give you some idea on what it will look after 2 weeks installed. I wish it eventually settles to 28 1/2. I've read that Eibach springs can take up to a month to settle.

Forgot to mention my setup. Eibach/Roush/Dub springs, GT500 mounts, Koni STR.T, and BMR adj. Panhard = superb ride

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
^^ are we supposed to run GT500 mounts with any lowering springs?
Also, what springs are you running?
I like these Eibach/Roush/DUB springs... the car feels more grippy around turns..
With just springs, no. If you change out the struts, then it's HIGHLY recommended. I've read in more than one place that the factory strut mounts virtually fall apart when you go to change out the struts.

Who did the spring/strut install for you and who did your alignment? My Eibach camber bolts came in this week and the springs should be settled. My shop, HPP Racing, recommended the Christian Brothers off of I-35 up Denton.

The rear height is 28 3/4 to give you some idea on what it will look after 2 weeks installed. I wish it eventually settles to 28 1/2. I've read that Eibach springs can take up to a month to settle.

Forgot to mention my setup. Eibach/Roush/Dub springs, GT500 mounts, Koni STR.T, and BMR adj. Panhard = superb ride
You and I have the exact same setup.

I went through Loran @ The Open Track Connection. I got the install quoted at HPP. It was the same with Loran, except he does alignments too. HPP is about 3 miles from me and The OTC is about 15, but the fact that I could get the install plus alignment done all at once made up my mind for me.

saunupe1911

Established Member

I went through Loran @ The Open Track Connection. I got the install quoted at HPP. It was the same with Loran, except he does alignments too. HPP is about 3 miles from me and The OTC is about 15, but the fact that I could get the install plus alignment done all at once made up my mind for me.

Thanks for the info bro. I may have to give them a call and compare their alignment prices against Chirstain Brothers. At least I know for sure Open Track Connection has experience installing camber bolts with their alignment and adjusting panhards.

D.T.R

Established Member
With just springs, no. If you change out the struts, then it's HIGHLY recommended. I've read in more than one place that the factory strut mounts virtually fall apart when you go to change out the struts.

Thanks for the info bro. I may have to give them a call and compare their alignment prices against Chirstain Brothers. At least I know for sure Open Track Connection has experience installing camber bolts with their alignment and adjusting panhards.

Doing the springs, panhard bar and camber bolts is really easy. I'd do it myself.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
You DFW guys should check out Stett Performance in Plano.
He did everything from STR's/ Springs BMR Panhard/ Strut Mounts, Camber Bolts LCA and relocation brackets for $200.

I have lifetime alignment at innovative auto in bedford so i didnt have any expenses for that.

IMHO Hpp is expensive from tuning to just shop work. Every time i get quotes there i end up not going back due to finding it cheaper. Good tuner just not of prices.

saunupe1911

Established Member
You DFW guys should check out Stett Performance in Plano.
He did everything from STR's/ Springs BMR Panhard/ Strut Mounts, Camber Bolts LCA and relocation brackets for $200.

I have lifetime alignment at innovative auto in bedford so i didnt have any expenses for that.

IMHO Hpp is expensive from tuning to just shop work. Every time i get quotes there i end up not going back due to finding it cheaper. Good tuner just not of prices.

May have to look into them someday but HPP is proven, they know their stuff, and specialize in Mustangs. I've seen numerous examples of their work and that gives me a piece of mind. I've have no problem paying a few bucks more for their service. If I want to be cheap then I would do it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread