Good Dyno Shops in WA!?

Dusten

Established Member
Still in Olympia, Going to the State Highway Patrol Academy next month so Im ready for that. give me a call 360-880-8476 and we will pound some beers for sure. I just got back from San Diego for a few, Takin a bunch of vacations lately,lol.

Truck is sitting in Auburn, Clean and pretty and a windowed block. Waiting for a 5.4 to pop up local. I am goina grab that 03 at Lakewood.

I had the motor out of my truck sitting for a month before it sold, wish i'd known you had popped yours.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Still in Olympia, Going to the State Highway Patrol Academy next month so Im ready for that. give me a call 360-880-8476 and we will pound some beers for sure. I just got back from San Diego for a few, Takin a bunch of vacations lately,lol.

Truck is sitting in Auburn, Clean and pretty and a windowed block. Waiting for a 5.4 to pop up local. I am goina grab that 03 at Lakewood.

MMR 900 short, call it a day, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Got to agree. There's no reason to run so much timing on a boosted motor, especially a street motor that doesn't make a real number to begin with. Let the blower make the power, the tune's priority should be to keep the motor alive.

The timing was insane but I'm saying spot on in terms of stft/ltft, open and closed afr's, and meth transition. If Shaun didn't run his meth tank dry I'm confident it would still be kickin. That truck was def abused and took it for a long long time

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
Where are you getting a threat or butthurt from? Was it my comment that said to call me and we can talk about it instead of airing shit online? Again, how is it anyones fault other than my own that it blew up?

Stop blaming people for other peoples **** ups!

As I already said I was not blaming anyone, nor did I say anything about your truck or your tune.

The timing was insane but I'm saying spot on in terms of stft/ltft, open and closed afr's, and meth transition. If Shaun didn't run his meth tank dry I'm confident it would still be kickin. That truck was def abused and took it for a long long time

Well if the customer was ok with that much timing, and he is ok with his truck now having a pretty window block than I guess thats his call. Everyone has different tuning strategies, and every customer has their own threshold for risk.

bigschwerm

99 Lightning Build#3669
the "stock" L blew up at TMS, im sure marc was involved
Tweek's dropped off the map lately but his truck is at another shop that takes cars to TMS to tune, and the truck that ran out of fuel is buying 60lb injectors and 255's and letting tms re-tune it

This was my truck....Why all the negative bashing? Are you a tuner? My truck was tuned by Andy and it runs AWESOME. Yes it ran out of fuel and I dropped 60lbers in it and waa la its fixed. Every truck is different.My truck was making good power and ran out of fuel. The logs don't lie. I watched Andy tuning and he is very meticulous, I have alot of experience with EFI Live on my last build and did my own tuning , and was asking alot of questions and I felt confident in Andy's ability as a tuner.

Just for shits, I sent the tune to someone to look it over( a very reputable lightning tuner that I have lifetime tunes) anyway, and he said the tune looks good,and he concurred that I needed 60lbers.

Andy shown me the logs of the stock lightning, again not his fault. So the harley truck wanted to run meth and alot of timing, customer gets whats customer wants...right? Customer knew the risks, ran dry on meth and popped his motor...again this is Andy's fault how? Was Andy driving the truck, or made the customer blow it on purpose? Andy was just providing what the customer wanted, we all sign waivers before we get on the dyno so we know what we are getting into. So some tuners wont tune for what you ask, ok got it, but some will do exactly what you ask for, again they are only doing what YOU ask them to do (even though advise against it).

In the end, Do your research before jumping into something, Know what you want and what to ask for and the consequences.

Last edited:

J-Betschart

Established Member
I have had nothing but good experiences with TMS. I have had several cars tuned there along with several of my friends . Last time my cobra was there on a dyno day we noticed a fuel leak and Marc had me pull it up on the lift afterwards and was more then happy to fix it . I have been very satisfied with all my tunes , and if you have an issue Andy is more then willing to help out. I'm sure there are other good shops but I have no personal experience with them.

-Jordan

Dusten

Established Member
So the harley truck wanted to run meth and alot of timing, customer gets whats customer wants...right? Customer knew the risks, ran dry on meth and popped his motor...again this is Andy's fault how? Was Andy driving the truck, or made the customer blow it on purpose?

Two reasons.

1) Andy is the expert, not the customer.
2) If the customer wants an unsafe tune and the motor pops, its TMS and andy's name on that tune.

If i called my tuner and told him i wanted 23* he would tell me to find a new tuner

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
God damnit.... im bolting a 2.9 on and a return fuel system and I am just feeling sick cause I have nobody I feel is competent enough to properly tune it and get it right without any headaches. I know these tunes exist... just not anywhere near here.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
ok . whats the word I am a couple fittings away from my return fuel 'turbo build. Cant decide on a tuner. Tow it to portland vancouver? they have a few shops. I was the last tune at hp ranch before the move and i wasn't pleased with how andy did. mind you jon was standing there helping andy learn.

btw.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Rick from Amazon Tuning is doing mine from afar. I just fired it up today and it idled like it was had before the 2.9L, triple pump return on E85!

T800

Established Member
Rick from Amazon Tuning is doing mine from afar. I just fired it up today and it idled like it was had before the 2.9L, triple pump return on E85!

This. I have no issue whatsoever with remote tuning and will probably be what I opt to do.

Dusten

Established Member
Amazon does 2 different options, 1 is emailing tuning with you just sending logs and rick getting back to you as he can, and option 2 is actual remote tuning. You rent dyno time and schedule time with rick and he tunes your car on a local dyno from SC

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
TMS tuned a 624whp single turbo stroker S197 today. 10.5:1 CR too. andy to a fantastic job. car runs flawlessly and runs hard.

TitanSvt

Rico Collazo
Established Member
The dyno at Turbo Tech runs waay low. I went to their dyno day a couple months ago and was dissappointed with the results, went to TMS dyno day 2 weeks later (with same weather conditions) and ran 30whp higher..Might have something to do with TMS is the shop that built my car since I bought it from someone who works there

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
hey guys thanks for fast replies. I got one week to decide. So this amazon tuning , Ill research more what the details. SUCH mixed reviews on Andy. Tough decisions.

Best way to start a build thread )??? I wanna show you guys what I did finally !

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
The dyno at Turbo Tech runs waay low. I went to their dyno day a couple months ago and was dissappointed with the results, went to TMS dyno day 2 weeks later (with same weather conditions) and ran 30whp higher..Might have something to do with TMS is the shop that built my car since I bought it from someone who works there

I dynod the exact same at Turbo Tech as I did at CarbConn. I think the TMS dyno puts out some inflated numbers. I'd probably push 650 on it... lol

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Dynos are tuning tools anyway. My point was that Andy has yet again wrote another spot on tune for a complicated setup.

Diet coke I'd like to go for ride your car later this summer.

Dusten

Established Member
I dynod the exact same at Turbo Tech as I did at CarbConn. I think the TMS dyno puts out some inflated numbers. I'd probably push 650 on it... lol
My LS6 CTS-V put down numbers a bit higher than I expected there, as did a lightning they tuned, but not terribly high.

Dynos are tuning tools anyway. My point was that Andy has yet again wrote another spot on tune for a complicated setup.

Diet coke I'd like to go for ride your car later this summer.
Maybe you are diet coke can answer since i haven't seen matt online today, what exactly happened to his car last night?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
UPDATE.

its a burned ring/piston. forgot to turn off the traction control and hit the fuel cut hard. IT WAS NOT TUNE RELATED. so sorry dusten, to let you down there.

Users who are viewing this thread