Good place to go to for gear install?

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey all, I'm new to GA and stationed in Fort Gordon for the next couple of years. Love the state so far! Anyway, my 2012 Mustang is in desperate need of a gear swap and I was wondering if any of you knew a place where I could take my car to get new gears installed. Preferably in the Augusta area.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
Hey all, I'm new to GA and stationed in Fort Gordon for the next couple of years. Love the state so far! Anyway, my 2012 Mustang is in desperate need of a gear swap and I was wondering if any of you knew a place where I could take my car to get new gears installed. Preferably in the Augusta area.

Welcome to Disgusta! I usually head out of town to get work done but I have a couple of buddies that use shops around here. I'll ask and get back to you.

woodrow5.0

Established Member
Kurgan is a good ride for you bit well worth the trip if u choose to drive.His shop is awesome too

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Damn that's tempting, I could pay them for a dyno tune while I'm at it. But I'm kind of limited with time and stuff because of my work schedule so I would prefer something in the area

MattACK

Established Member
Not far from Kurgan is A1 Transmission in Flowery Branch. The shop owner Chris Garrett is a very good friend of mine. Immaculate shop, great work ethic, and good prices. 770-965-0035. Give him a call and see what his prices are, may be surprised and well worth the drive.

--Matt

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Are they open on Saturdays? I might end up having to go after all. Haven't been to ATL yet either so this would be a good opportunity

MattACK

Established Member
A1 Trans is usually open on Saturdays, but call Chris to let him know you're coming up in case he decides to close up early.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
There's a place here on Gordon Highway that the local MCA guys use from time to time. They are supposed to get back to me with the name. As soon as they do, I will shoot it to you.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I'd also trust anyone Matt recommends. Sometimes the drive is worth it when it comes to customer service and workmanship.

woodrow5.0

Established Member
i just saw on Kurgan facebook page that they are doing alot of gear installs,it may be worth it to get his expertise on doing your project.worth a call to them anyway i think

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I've got an appointment with Kurgan Motorsports on June 14th. They quoted me $499 for parts and installation which sounds like a great deal to me. Can't wait! The stock 2.73s make my car a dog off the line.

silverstang23

Established Member
I've got an appointment with Kurgan Motorsports on June 14th. They quoted me $499 for parts and installation which sounds like a great deal to me. Can't wait! The stock 2.73s make my car a dog off the line.

I hear that. I made an appointment with them for the 21st.

silverstang23

Established Member
Yea, I have all the parts and originally took them to another shop to do the install. After spending two hours in the car they gave me some run around about their mechanic being sick. And they wouldn't compensate me for the wasted time and poor business skills with a price brake on the install, so to Kurgan it is. Which might end up being better any how

Users who are viewing this thread