Good read about Mt Everest.

tnuce10

Established Member
I've read something similar before...pretty interesting.

The other article I saw had better pictures, but I have no idea where I saw it at.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The documentary was a pretty good watch too. Sucks that the guy decided to go alone on the coldest night of the season.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
It's makes people that leave the dying and dead on the mountain look like dicks, but when you think about it, would you try and save someone or recover a body when you're already in such a dangerous situation? You're not thinking clearly and all you wanna do is summit and get back down with your life. Anything else that takes away from that is not something most people would do, as the article explains. I think you have to be insane to try and summit Everest, and dying is a very real possibility, and I'd venture to guess that everyone who's ever tried to climb Everest knows and accepts. For some reason I never thought that there would still be bodies littering the path, but it makes sense.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The people that comment and whine about walking past a guy that's still barely breathing are idiots..

He may have still been breathing, but he was already a dead man..

People don't understand how extreme of an environment that is and its not just like rescuing someone from a car crash.. It will take everything you've got just to get yourself off the mountain...

Users who are viewing this thread