• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Good take on racing a demon.

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by tt335ci03cobra, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

That would be the mic drop camaro. LOL that our balls are so blue that we are pitting an imaginary camaro against a mostly imaginary gt500.

jeffh81, biminiLX and tt335ci03cobra like this.
  2. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Well-Known Member Established Member

^^ true.

Would be a bad ass machine though.

Shit, I am going to have to own the last gen z28 at some point in my life. Thats a bad bitch too.

jeffh81 and tt335ci03cobra like this.
  3. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Will the Camaro still even be made after 2020?

tt335ci03cobra likes this.
  4. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

I hope so. The segment needs to stick together in order to survive the oncoming onslaught that seeks to bury it so that we can move "forward."

5. jeffh81

jeffh81 Never Leaving Established Member

The news I caught said they will not be discontinued. Im doing a roush blown California Special when we get tired of this one.

me32 likes this.
  6. jeffh81

Competition is good. That’s why I like it so much here. There isnt just straight fanboyism. We need all three cars making the others raise their levels.

biminiLX and fearthesnake like this.
  7. Voltwings

Voltwings Well-Known Member Established Member

You know Ford's anticipating retaliation from the Camaro, that's the only reason the GT500 is 755, because they know the LT5 will go into a camaro at some point.

jeffh81 likes this.
  8. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

No expert, if the car hooks and books it’ll be faster, real world you need a real slick, not a drag radial to do so. 5th and 6th gen Camaro’s have/had a hard enough time hooking on 20” drag radials in ss and zl1 form. I said from the start you need a 12” rear rotor, 16” rear wheel and 12.5x28” tire to hook the 10a in a supercharged zl1. Look for your self.

If you’re talking about a future 755hp Camaro then I can get behind the idea that it should be faster than the gt500 being it’s gonna be 300lbs lighter. I thought you meant a current 6th gen and I’m like the car traps maybe 128 what are you smoking, gimme some.

9. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

That awkward moment when the guy swinging nuts hard validates the guy he was trying to make look dumb. Hahahhaha. I mentioned gm’s performance drag gear 3 pages ago.

10. Voltwings

The cooling on the LT4 was already strained, I'd be shocked if they could add 100 more HP and not have to update AT LEAST the cooling, let alone any other suspension and or braking components. If both cars are at ~750 hp, I'd bet that weight gap shrinks to near negligible.

fearthesnake likes this.
  11. BrunotheBoxer

BrunotheBoxer Little Boy Blue - He needed the money. Established Member

12. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

I love it. Dodge is killing it with old school, brute force just like Chevrolet crushed everyone with the C8. They continue to deliver while Ford jerks everyone off by dangling a GT500 in front of them that is taking forever. Seriously Ford, your "Golden Ticket" sales strategy absolutely sucks. The enthusiasts that want to buy the car, can't.

Dodge deserves to be the leader in sales here. They've earned it by not turning their back on the core group that supports them.

ToddW702, biminiLX, gimmie11s and 3 others like this.
  13. fearthesnake

fearthesnake Well-Known Member Established Member

Def agree with you. I dont think it's only the GT500 either, Ford is cutting corners, costs to make a buck for sure. I think to the point its impacting the Quality of the Product.

jeffh81 likes this.
  14. jeffh81

I have a SS 5th gen and with a little air let out I hook fine enough to bust a few S550 asses in my area so I dont know what the hell you are talking about. Nobody said I didnt see your post. Trust me when this GT500 makes it to the streets those cheeks are gonna get clapped like it was T$ rewinning the election all over again.

15. jeffh81

The ZL1 had no cooling issues I can find and Im looking hard at them to replace my SS. The Vette on the other hand had issues from jump street

16. Voltwings

Ahh. Be that as it may though, I'd be surprised if there is ~100 horsepower worth of headroom left in there.

17. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

The 2020 GT500 isn't so imaginary anymore,...they're rolling off the production lines.

BINGO!!!!
    I would have liked to been able to go into my local Ford dealership and say,......yeah, about that new GT500 coming out. Let's make it happen, here's my build so far. Let's see what else there is.
    But, nope!

18. BrunotheBoxer

BrunotheBoxer Little Boy Blue - He needed the money. Established Member

This. I’m not even sure I even trust Ford anymore. God help them if this new gt500 has issues. I’ll be pissed off and totally done with them.

19. jeffh81

Coming from a Houston guy I expected more. They usually leave quite a bit of leeway in the Corvette/Camaro engines. Go look at the front of a ZL1 and it is nothing but space in the front with 10 coolers.

BrunotheBoxer likes this.
  20. Cman01

Cman01 hello Established Member

I can pretty well tell you that your member friend that tracks his ZL1 and does strip duty in the car is not optimizing his dragstrip time when the car is geared towards RC handling, and you need to check Chevy's site that offers the smaller rear brake kit to use 16" wheels not 15".

1 more thing you should check instead guy is my profile as I currently own 2 cars that are way above yours in the pecking order of things with 1 arriving that surpasses (T$) your ride and my 2.